University Permissions of Use

Hello everyone! I don't really know anywhere else to put this, and my queries to find an appropriate email address so far have turned up lacking. So here is the problem I am having and am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction to have it resolved.

I'm a student at Indiana University Southeast. Recently, one of our Universities higher ups at IU Bloomington made a policy change stating that without a letter of permission from the software vendor, software cannot be installed on Indiana University computers. This is to prevent some sort of potential lawsuit.

So what does this mean? It means we cannot install ANY PC games on a computer labs computers to hold gaming events for our Student Organization (The Gamers Society).

I'm really hoping a staff member on this forums can point me in the right direction on who I need to contact to garner permission from the company to host events playing games such as Don't Starve Together within our University. This is an absolutely atrocious change in our college policy, and yet there's nothing me nor our adviser can do about it. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archie (T.J.) Holland
President of the Gamers Society at IUS

Archived