How far do you think we are?

Position at which game's lore and updates stand  

44 members have voted

1. 1. At what point do you see the story and the game to be at?

• Still in its early stages
    • Somewhere in the middle
    • Nearing the end

I just watched a video which evaluated Don't Starve, and from a story and gameplay perspective, it seems that the game will not end any time soon, so even though we already know quite a lot and there are only a few gaps in the lore left unknown, I feel that this game will take longer than just 2 - 3 years to be done with updates and reveale its secret lore. At the point where Wilson built the door, to me it felt like we're getting close to the end, but all in all there are a lot of things, important things for that matter that we know nothing about. We know most things, with gaps in-between for the main "protagonist" and the main "antagonist", Wilson and Maxwell, however, even though all of the side characters (Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy etc.) might not be too important, I think it's gonna be a while till we get to a conclusion as we will need to know the stories behind those side characters.

But what do you think? How far are we in terms of lore and game's overall development? Still early? May be in the middle? Or nearing the end?

Well, from a player, I like to think that we're still in the beginning, but if I have to take into account a more realistic view with sales and employee salary(unless of course Mark and V2 are willing to work 24/7 only for the pleasure of having the code and their mind meld into one), then I'd say it's around the middle of the pathway from middle to end of DST. Of course, TtA will only be finished when they add Squirrelsaurus.

Think of it this way...

We know that Don't Starve is the first one. Add in the first DLC "Reign of Giants" and you got it. It gives the first and vague story line which sets the stage for succeeding titles to come.

Now, DST would be considered Don't Starve "Two"-gether here, we're getting to know the characters as they interact with each other when Wilson built the second portal... now what we're waiting for here now is Maxwell. He's the person whom every other character has associated and referred to as the villain, bringing him to them would imply that a big jump in the story progression will come, (along with the now visible-ish Charlie)

Now, DST could end there leaving behind more questions which would bring on another title... or it could be answered through the upcoming "Through the Ages" DLC... now.

They could then launch a Dating Sim game of Don't Starve where you pick a character and get everybody else in love with you. O__O

Well, from a player, I like to think that we're still in the beginning, but if I have to take into account a more realistic view with sales and employee salary(unless of course Mark and V2 are willing to work 24/7 only for the pleasure of having the code and their mind meld into one), then I'd say it's around the middle of the pathway from middle to end of DST. Of course, TtA will only be finished when they add Squirrelsaurus.

Aligatosaur is more likely to come out than that! Also, I think Squirrel should be a mob of its own, kind of acting like the rabbits, but eat pinecones, birchnuts and seeds whilst spawning and despawning from certain kind of trees.

Aligatosaur is more likely to come out than that!
Nuuuu. Think about it. It could be really fast and really aggressive. And it could live in forests and steal your food inside the chest when you're not looking. And just run around being a friggen' Dino-headed squirrel. How awesome is that? 

Nuuuu. Think about it. It could be really fast and really aggressive. And it could live in forests and steal your food inside the chest when you're not looking. And just run around being a friggen' Dino-headed squirrel. How awesome is that? 

No.

Because I work at ze muffin factory.

Archived