Is it just me, or DST's General section's pinned topics are all over the place?

Like, I see the first Road Map topic 4th from the bottom, then the next road map's update is at the bottom and then the one after that is 2nd from the bottom. Then there's a pointless topic with a list of hotfixes (pointless not just because there are multiple topics containing this information but also because the topic does not contain them all, or in other words is not being updated every time a new hotfix comes out, as then it would serve some sort of reasonable purpose). Then a latest hotfix is at the top, which is fine, but then a hotfix from ages ago is somewhere in the middle of the pinned topic part.

Seriously Klei, get those pinned topics organised! I'd suggest you have 1 Road Map topic pinned up here (the latest one) which then would have a link to the previous Road Map topic and so on and so forth, and the same for hotfixes and if you really want that topic containing a bunch of hotfix updates, then update that frequently and link that also in each of the hotfix topics or something. And then below the latest Road Map topic and the latest Hotfix/update topic would be all the other unique pinned topics, such as the topic which aparently somehow helps modders I think (sorry, forgot how it's called).

Tl;dr - Klei, ORGANISE!!!

Klei needs to clean up and "un-pin" older topics. A maximum of 3 pinned topics would be something to strive for.

Hmm... I would prefer 5, but 3 could work too perhaps. I'll go and see how much it can be squeezed up and how.

Okay, so, I tried to see how much the topics can be sqeezed into and I think it can be squeezed up into 5 topics in the pinned section:

1) Latest hotfix/Latest update/Latest phase that has been reach or whatever that is related to the game being recently changed.

2) Upcoming events, such as Roadmaps, Upcoming Phases (I know phases are done ages ago, but I'm writing it here for the sake of relating).

3) FAQ topic.

4) Topic with info on the next/latest or whatever Devcast on DST. Basically a disclamer.

5) Anything that cannot be put into those four categories, such as the Twitch Plays mod and that modder thing topic (damn, forgot how it was called; AGAIN!) would be linked in one topic together to not take up space.

And there you have it! What do you think of this kind of organising of pinned topics? Any agreements/disagreements?

The reason the pinned topics are in disorder is because pinning them just puts them in a separate section at the top, within which topics are arranged the same way as anywhere else: topics with the latest posts / poll entries at the top. Just read the dates along the right column.

Perhaps there is functionality in the forum for manually setting their sorting. If so, I agree that it would be nice if it was used, but my guess is that they probably can't do that without updating the forum software (although that has happened-- the mentioning/quoting system got revamped several months back).

Archived