Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Caischcer

Mod support and a few mod ideas

Caischcer    10

I have seen some awesome mods in the master mod list and I have tried the dr. Peddler mod and it has been AWESOME! but every time the creator issues an update I have to do a sort of complex method (And I know there is an easy way of doing it but there's a few options I like to adjust myself) which is very well documented thankfully, but is kind of long. Klei you have a game with so much potential use the workshop tool you have available and allow users to create their own mods, that would be so cool.

But for you the average reader (and hopefully one of those super awesome modders) I have a few mod ideas

1. Any one remembers the "shock vulnerable" attribute of drones? - it meant they used to be vulnerable to volt disrupters like trying to knock them out using one of those would kill them instead of knocking them out. Maybe some one should add that as an option on the settings

2. Armed Null Drones, for those who love the PAIN - Can anyone confirm if they have ever seen armed null drones? I saw a guide of the game that said that armed null drones do appear, but I haven't seen one since the days of the early access. If it turned out they are out of the game it would be cool to have an option to add them on endless, that would add a lot to the endless replayability.

3. Turn the courier into an agent! Yes, if you played the early access you know this guy sucked but now he seems like he can better take care of himself. It would be interesting to see this guy actually do something other than being captured. Maybe instead of getting money for rescuing him you could have a temporal meat shield fifth agent. Sure he wouldn't be as useful as a real agent but as Central says "I am thankful to have more bots on the ground" and so I am.

post-467333-0-51080900-1435883482.png

4. Psi modded Mk II (MOAR PAIN) - There seem to have been some leaks regarding Plastech and OMNI corp before the full game was released and some guards where ripped off the game:

post-467333-0-90114400-1435883484.png

This one for example was supposed to be the "Psi" mk II guard which I found on an Invisible Inc wiki. If I am not mistaken it's description used to say he could "randomly" and for no reason detect your agents.

I guess it would mean this guard would go "?" state randomly on a random agent position, which seems kind of OP (seems like Klei wanted to follow a jerk trend with this corp) right now his description on the page is basically the same as the one for a normal armor 1 guard but I have never seen him on the game. Maybe he could be nerfed and added to the game having a radius detection that means if an agent gets within that radius he will go investigate that spot in the next turn.

Of couse it wouldn't be the same as passing through a "noticed" tile he would spot you until next turn if this guard did not move and you stayed within that radius. A downside to this guard would be communication. Lets say he "?" spot you, he can't communicate it to nearby guards, he has been so psychologically traumatized by his augments he can't comunicate (also it would be nice if all the sounds he emits are grunts and not actual words) nor he can be alerted by some other guard's warnings.

He would be pretty much so smart he is retarded. But don't make him angry because if he goes to "!" state he will "!" spot you if you are within his Psychic radius instead of "?" spot you as he would if he were undisturbed. He basically is a combination between a drone's local scanner and the sensory abilities of a normal guard: a cyborg! or ("psyborg").   

Also I wanted to upload a picture of his whole body but I couldn't change the extension of the " .webp" file but the link to the page is here: http://invisibleinc.wikia.com/wiki/Enemies

5. Old school mod (back in my days ...) - There was a post in which the question was: what do you miss from the early access that was not implemented on the full game? Someone said he missed the old K&O guard models, I didn't miss them that much but it would not bother me to see them again besides what I DO miss is the old drone models for sankaku, sure obake 1.0 looked terrible and Akuma was a freaking tank (literally) but I really missed obake 2.0's model when it was replaced for what we have now. So a mod with the old models for K&O guards and Sankaku drones would be cool.

post-467333-0-72216000-1435883483.png

That was a regular no armor guard despite him using something that resembles a bullet-proof rig.

Remember this are only sugerences for mods I would like to see. I am posting this just to let Klei know I want mods on my game and maybe you do too, and to give moders some good ideas (I am not forcing anyone to do this but I want to let you guys know you, modders are awesome and I really appreciate your hard work, I know coding is no easy thing!) Please post down your opinions so Klei will see them.

Maxwell1234    17

4. Psi modded Mk II (MOAR PAIN) - There seem to have been some leaks regarding Plastech and OMNI corp before the full game was released and some guards where ripped off the game:

attachicon.gifunused_Plastch_guard(moded mk II).png

This one for example was supposed to be the "Psi" mk II guard which I found on an Invisible Inc wiki. If I am not mistaken it's description used to say he could "randomly" and for no reason detect your agents.

I guess it would mean this guard would go "?" state randomly on a random agent position, which seems kind of OP (seems like Klei wanted to follow a jerk trend with this corp) right now his description on the page is basically the same as the one for a normal armor 1 guard but I have never seen him on the game. Maybe he could be nerfed and added to the game having a radius detection that means if an agent gets within that radius he will go investigate that spot in the next turn.

Of couse it wouldn't be the same as passing through a "noticed" tile he would spot you until next turn if this guard did not move and you stayed within that radius. A downside to this guard would be communication. Lets say he "?" spot you, he can't communicate it to nearby guards, he has been so psychologically traumatized by his augments he can't comunicate (also it would be nice if all the sounds he emits are grunts and not actual words) nor he can be alerted by some other guard's warnings.

He would be pretty much so smart he is retarded. But don't make him angry because if he goes to "!" state he will "!" spot you if you are within his Psychic radius instead of "?" spot you as he would if he were undisturbed. He basically is a combination between a drone's local scanner and the sensory abilities of a normal guard: a cyborg! or ("psyborg").   

Also I wanted to upload a picture of his whole body but I couldn't change the extension of the " .webp" file but the link to the page is here: http://invisibleinc.wikia.com/wiki/Enemies

This one is still in the game, model and all. He just doesn't do anything special.(He looks really cool though)

Cyberboy2000    660

Actually he is functional. While he doesn't have telepathy, he does have a new type of hacking. Insted of rebooting one device per turn, he can increase the number of firewalls on all devices in range every turn by two, in addition to having armor. I put him into the game, and not surprisingly, he is very strong early on.

LOrwKfB.jpg

Tui0QvI.jpg

I can see why he is not in the game as a normal guard, but hey, maybe he could have been an omni guard?

Caischcer    10

Actually he is functional. 

LOrwKfB.jpg

Tui0QvI.jpg

Could you please mod it into the game? Or could you please tell me how to add it into the game? Idk Lua at all, but I do know some programming, I'll make it work.

Also, Do you know if I can activate enemy animated portraits? I've been looking for an option to activate them!

HumanKirby    60

Could you please mod it into the game? Or could you please tell me how to add it into the game? Idk Lua at all, but I do know some programming, I'll make it work.

Also, Do you know if I can activate enemy animated portraits? I've been looking for an option to activate them!

go in the srcipts.zip

locate worldgen.lua in the sim folder

add @ line 29: local PLASTECH_THREAT = {} the parameter plastek_firewall_guard and set how likely they spawn (if set the recapture one to 500 and the firewall one to 500)

Im also going to look into the portrait one, but I visite my grandparents today and might not be able to find it.

Cyberboy2000    660

Open sim\worldgen, and the first thing you'll see should be a list of enemy types. Replace any guard with plastek_firewall_guard, or add it in the list. The number next to the name is it's weight (how often it spawns)

Shirsh    129

go in the srcipts.zip

add @ line 29: local PLASTECH_THREAT = {} the parameter plastek_firewall_guard and set how likely they spawn (if set the recapture one to 500 and the firewall one to 500)

Im also going to look into the portrait one, but I visite my grandparents today and might not be able to find it.

I'd suggest 100 instead of 500, to create more windows for simple tier2 guard or even 50 for tier2, 100 for recapturer and 50 for firewall, to make "threat" more variable like other corps have.

But I think last time I trying to add them, they created some crash-problem. I suspect it was something about their "investigateHackedDevices" trait =/

Maybe it's better to wait for next update little more.

Cyberboy2000    660

All guards can be found in sim\unitdefs\guarddefs, so you can even try making your own guard. Just copy an existing template and modify some traits, then put it in the game. It's a good way to start learning how Invisible, inc works. Since you already know some programming it shouldn't be too hard.

But I think last time I trying to add them, they created some crash-problem. I suspect it was something about their "investigateHackedDevices" trait =/

Maybe it's better to wait for next update little more.

Are you sure about that? investigateHackedDevices doesn't do anything, so it seems unlikely, and I have never had any guards cause crashes.

Caischcer    10

All guards can be found in sim\unitdefs\guarddefs, so you can even try making your own guard. Just copy an existing template and modify some traits, then put it in the game. It's a good way to start learning how Invisible, inc works. Since you already know some programming it shouldn't be too hard.

I'd suggest 100 instead of 500, to create more windows for simple tier2 guard or even 50 for tier2, 100 for recapturer and 50 for firewall, to make "threat" more variable like other corps have.

go in the srcipts.zip

Thank you all for your support! Once I get time, I'll be playing with Invisible Inc's code. Who knows, maybe I make a mod myself once I get used to the language. I am particularly interested in a mod to add the fan-made "cascade" daemon and maybe throw in a few reverse daemons too, because who would want a mod that only adds bad stuff?  

Caischcer    10

Now that I think a little bit... Does anyone know if the old K&O guard model (the one of the image posted in this post) is still in the game?

I am thinking I could do a mod in which guards called on alarm level 3 are those guards. Since there is a separate semi-corp that dispatches enforcers (and I am guessing this from a poster in which we see the display of a guard downed by nika, we see the name of a weird corp, which I don't remember but could be OMNI) they should also dispatch lower level guards.

This guard would have no armor but some special attributes different from all the other guards. Anyone has any suggestions?

Shirsh    129

Are you sure about that? investigateHackedDevices doesn't do anything, so it seems unlikely, and I have never had any guards cause crashes.

Absolutely not. I even can't remember, did I tried it before or after game release.

But if it do nothing, maybe that one of the reasons why they not in game, and another reason to wait for updates.

Cyberboy2000    660

I modded back investigateHackedDevices into the game, and it worked surprisingly well. I will post a guide on how I did it.

First, go to sim\aiplayer. On row 233, paste:

function aiplayer:spawnInterestHacked(x1,y1, sense, reason, sourceUnit)

local guardTable = {}

for i, unit in pairs( self:getUnits() ) do

if unit:getTraits().investigateHackedDevices then

table.insert( guardTable, unit )

end

end

local closestGuard = simquery.findClosestUnit( guardTable, x1, y1, shouldNoticeInterests )

if closestGuard then

closestGuard:getBrain():spawnInterest(x1, y1, sense, reason, sourceUnit)

return closestGuard

end

end

And then, open sim\mainframe. On row 252, paste:

local x1,y1 = unit:getLocation()

sim:getNPC():spawnInterestHacked(x1,y1, simdefs.SENSE_RADIO, simdefs.REASON_CAMERA)

If you did it correctly will a MKII be sent to investigate every time you hack something.

Caischcer    10

Actually he is functional. While he doesn't have telepathy, he does have a new type of hacking.

LOrwKfB.jpg

Tui0QvI.jpg

I can see why he is not in the game as a normal guard, but hey, maybe he could have been an omni guard?

Actually... Now that I think about it, I think the "psi" guard was a leak for the leaked OMNI guards. It must have been dropped for being too OP. My bad.

Caischcer    10

Now that I think a little bit... Does anyone know if the old K&O guard model (the one of the image posted in this post) is still in the game?

Never mind that, while playing I saw a K&O guard had this model as portrait. I had never noticed that there seems to be certain variability in guard portraits