[General] - Steam achievement 'Never Look Back' still not fixed

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Steam achievement 'Never Look Back' still not fixed
Issue Description: Just finished campaign with default Expert settings and for the first time with 0 rewinds as well but I was not given the 'Never Look Back' achievement.

I assume the save file is deleted since the campaign is over so unfortunately I don't exactly have any evidence.
Steps to Reproduce: Apart from 0 rewinds, default Expert settings.

I believe my previous attempt was a failure so I retired agency and clicked restart, which loads the "campaign generation" menu with the previous settings. This may have something to do with it not recognizing the attempt at 'Never Look Back'.

Edit: Just beat Time Attack and wasn't given achievement either. Not sure what's going on. I have every other achievement ("16/19") apart from these 2 and presumably the meta-hacking one.

Edit2: to anyone else with achievement issues: if you've modified any scripts, you simply won't be awarded any achievements until you re-download the original files.

invisibleinc.txt

• Developer

Hey Nxf7, unfortunately you can't get the achievement through Time Attack mode. I logged that as a bug because you probably should be able to get the achievement that way. So the next time we patch/update, that should change. As for the general achievement itself, I'm still investigating. The code looks ok, but there are still some places it could go wrong I haven't looked yet. 

• Developer

Is it possible you have a config.lua in your local files? Apparently the game won't award Achievements if you have one.

The game is sending out the signal to awarding Never Look Back properly otherwise.

Search result for config.lua found nothing in both \Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc and \steamapps\common\InvisibleInc. The invisibleinc.txt has "-- AKURunScript( 'config.lua' ) doesn't exist".

I did modify a file in scripts.zip, can't remember if I did that before completing the campaign or not. It was a minor edit to change what agents I could find for my endless run but if there's a mechanism in place to prevent achievements while the files are modified it probably wouldn't be able to differentiate "cheating" from a harmless edit. In invisibleinc.txt it says the hash failed for scripts.zip.

I added my invisibleinc.txt file in the main post if you want to look at it. I appreciate your efforts Jason, thank you.

That is the problem. Any changes to Scripts, whether it could be considered harmless or not, will cause it to not hash. You can reset it by right clicking Invisible, inc in your steam library, selecting properties, going to local files and clicking verify integrity of game cache. This will redownload any files that have been modified.

Ah well I'm ashamed that I didn't think of that before making the thread, and also thinking "I've already got 4 agents so this detention centre script edit won't affect my iron man expert run". Thanks all.

Archived