Time to rethink summer?

This thread is not about nerfing summer, is about making it more fun.

Not all fun is derived from surviving. Anyone who knows how to play can survive summer, but is it fun to sit on the base for days?

Summer is not as hard as old RoG, since no summer boss, waterballoons, much better working ice flingomatics. How about you to disable summer if you dont want to see it (, disabling smoldering etc.. to make it easy for you) or just learn how to survive without burning your stuff. Because summer is not hard and even in summer one can live a nomadic life without any base and can successfully survive.

Some of my limited insight to possibly help balance the seasons: 

Summer:

• Unique Creatures: Crimson Birds, Locusts? Camel? Kangaroo? I feel like insects should be unique to summer and in the other seasons its too wet or cold for the insects to live. This would make people look forward to summer due to butterflies, honey etc. Maybe they should be allowed in spring too im not too sure.

• Effects on the Environment: Things on fire, plants wither, overheating, beefalo die if not shaven?

• Weather Type: Hot, Dry (as previously stated, we could add dry lighting storms)

Autumn

• Unique Creatures: No bugs -> its too cold

• Effects on the Environment: Nothing

• Weather Type: Neutral, Relaxed, Casual (maybe there could be something with winds? Losing items due to tornado/fast winds? Very cold nights all of a sudden because of a sudden blast of air? Or maybe not we could keep it nice and simple thats cool too.)

Winter

• Unique Creatures: Blue Birds, Pengulls, Walruses, Blue Hounds, No Insects, Winter Koalafant

• Effects on the Environment: Cold/freezing, plants don't grow, ponds freeze, farms don't work

• Weather Type: Cold, Snowy (make it colder with blizzards please)

Spring

• Unique Creatures: No underground creatures available due to wetness (no rabbits, no moles)? Worms?

• Effects on the Environment: Wet items, cold due to wetness

• Weather Type: Cool, Wet, Rain (keep the lighting strikes to a minimum please)

All year creatures: pigs, spiders, tall birds, beefalo, crows, 

In DS, there was a good place to mess with during a summer - dungeon. In dungeon you don't risk to burn the nature and can survive with some basic anti-heat items. So, you always was busy doing something. In DST, there is just no dungeons. Let's get hyped for dungeons.

Well that was a heck of a read to finish reading every1's post, but i have a few suggestions.

1. Ponds cool you down (as mentioned)

2. Dry lightning instead of random a**   :willowilson: smoldering

3. Summer only creatures like summer koalafants :happypigs: or something?

4. More tools to prevent bases from being burnt down and to cool the entire base like an air cond?

5. Make summer more fun than sitting by the endothermic fire with cooled thermal stones in the base and do nothing but put out fire

with balloons....

6. Have fun in summer! Venture in caves or special biomes that do not catch on fire?

But still DST-ROG is about a well-mixed fun to challenge ratio, so let's make summer more fun and challenging! Don't Starve Together!

I agree that there is no fun in summer, only damage from heat and things catching on fire.

All seasons should be fun and interesting in their own ways, I hope they reconsider the smoldering, From what i see the whole community hates it, may start considering removing the smoldering effect through the settings till things look a little more agreeable.

dont nerf summer pls. we or i just want new summer content personally.

summer bugs or animals or even something that can make it even more harsher or enjoyable at some kind of limit.

though tbh i just want all stuff on rog on together already.  :spidercowers:

Sure you get used to Summer, especially with enough Flinge-o-matics but it isn't all that enjoyable. More like a reversed Winter. With or without preparation. It also depends on which season you start your server, too.

Some new summer giants would be nice. Like a Scorpion-crab mix or a giant snake lizard reptile that lives near the desert and swallows you as a whole, so you have to cut through her tail to avoid suffocation and get out of her stomach before its too late. Her tail grows again of course.

Archived