So, this happened today.

tumblr_npnwzah9sG1sxntsro1_540.png

Somehow, I couldn't fit through the gap between the pillar and the coast. It was pretty amazing though; the guardian couldn't tackle me, so I survived for a few seconds! But then it gored me...

Anyone else have weird instances where something unexpected saved them (if only for a moment)?

Glad to see someone else that screams in chat before dying...a good battle scream/yell is essential!

Honestly, the way Webber looks so nonchalant with his head tilted to the side while I scream in panic is pretty hilarious.

I was trying to get it to attack the clockworks, I think. Obviously it didn't work.

ah... a commendable endeavor but a fool's errand... *sips tea like a mid-level boss*

(Good tactic srsly, but what about your lag? also, you can just get its attention and it will charge after you without you having to go aggro on it directly, you can lead it on)

(Good tactic srsly, but what about your lag? also, you can just get its attention and it will charge after you without you having to go aggro on it directly, you can lead it on)

A fool I may be, but I have valor! *dramatic sword brandishing*

The lag that night wasn't all that bad (though when playing across laptops on shared connections, there's always some, but I digress), but I'm not an expert dodger, sadly. On top of that, I think the mod is a little bungled (or I'm just not used to the ancient guardian--I haven't explored the caves much in base): while playing as Wendy earlier, I pretty much danced on the thing and it ignored me, so. 

I'll keep that in mind though, for next time! We're still in robot hell, so there's plenty more clockworks to sick the AG on!

I have to ask, do you know about befriending broken clockworks? They could be a good asset.

Ironic that you should mention that! I just did it through last night's playthrough, so yes! Now, the poor knight died after attacking everything in sight before I could take it home (or being attacked by spiders and other clockworks). But I think if I found enough of them, it would be pretty useful for taking the ancient guardian down.

Archived