Some daemons are time related, others aren't

I have a question regarding the way daemons work.

Sometimes, a daemon will only last for a couple of turns, and sometimes a daemon is permanent.

Is whether it's for x turns or permanent dependent on the difficulty level?

Is the amount of turns dependent on the difficulty level?

Are daemons randomly a couple of turns or permanent?

Which daemons are a couple of turns vs permanent?

Can the descriptions of the daemons be altered so that it states for how many turns it's active?

I hope someone can answer some/all of the questions. I've mentioned this in another thread as well, but : KLEI, YOU NEED TO MAKE A MANUAL!!!

I have a question regarding the way daemons work.

Sometimes, a daemon will only last for a couple of turns, and sometimes a daemon is permanent.

Is whether it's for x turns or permanent dependent on the difficulty level?

Is the amount of turns dependent on the difficulty level?

Are daemons randomly a couple of turns or permanent?

Which daemons are a couple of turns vs permanent?

Can the descriptions of the daemons be altered so that it states for how many turns it's active?

I hope someone can answer some/all of the questions. I've mentioned this in another thread as well, but : KLEI, YOU NEED TO MAKE A MANUAL!!!

Hey

I agree Klei needs to make a manual about this stuff. I found this on the wiki:

Authority Safes are alarmed. Safes are secured and will trigger a nearby guard to investigate when opened.

Blowfish: Advances Alarm Tracker Advances Alarm Tracker by x turns.

Countermeasures: Agent locations discovered One guard is sent to investigate the location of an agent each turn.  (Is this one in the game at the moment????, dont think so)

Felix Siphons credit from the agency. Siphons 600 credit from the agency.

Failsafe Reboots 2 objects each turn. Reboots 2 objects each turn.

Fractal Spawns additional Daemons Creates two new DAEMON programs on random objects.

Labyrinth Reduces Agents AP. Reduces all agent AP by 2.

Mask Daemons are hidden while Mask is active. Daemons are hidden.

Modulate Inceases PWR cost. Programs cost +2 PWR to use for x turn(s).

Paradox Disables hacking ability Temporarily stops INCOGNITA from hacking.

Pulse 2.0 Short-circuits items, adding 3 to all item cooldowns. +3 to all item cooldowns (this one isn't in the game either... i think)

Rubiks Raises Firewalls. Raises Firewalls by 1.

Siphon Drains PWR. Drains x PWR.

Validate Spawns Guard. Brings an additional guard onto the level.

Reverse Daemons Daemon Effect Description

Attune Decreases all program PWR cost by 1. Decreases all program PWR cost by 1.

Fortune Gain 200 Credits. Gain 200 Credits.

Order Increases all agents' AP by 3. Increases all agents' AP by 3.

I hope this answers your questions. I believe the difficult level doesn't influence deamons in any way other then their spawn frequency. Although when looking at this list i believe it does make a difference for the blowfish deamon and the siphon daemon ( i think) and maybe the felix? 

So it is clear deamons are not randomly permanent or a couple of turns. 

Turn based:

Fail safe, Labyrinth, paradox and modulate  + Attune and order (reverse deamon)

Permanent/instant : the rest

To answer your fifth question: You can actually see how long a deamon will be active if its turn based. You will see an icon for each deamon on the right hand side of the screen. These icons can be seen here : http://invisibleinc.wikia.com/wiki/Daemons

I have a question of my own for other people who might be reading this:

Since there are 3 reverse deamons and they are all 3 direct counters of certain deamons (Attune vs modulate, Fortune vs Felix and Order vs labyrinth) does anyone know if these reverse deamons can only trigger when their counter deamon is hacked? Or is it random?

Most of what Costa said is true.

Countermeasures is in the game. It appears in the final level along with Failsafe. It also appears in endless, when alarm level reaches 3.

Archdaemons only appear in endless, at the start of each level, and are powered up versions of normal daemons(Blowfish, modulate, fractal). The exception is Pulse 2.0, which is an endless only daemon.

There is no daemon that has infinite duration, except for those that have an instant effect of course, but archdaemons come close, usually at a 20 turn duration.

About scaling daemons, a lot of daemons don't scale, but some do. I know at least Felix does, but not excactly how. In endless I had one steal 1400 credits in one go for example.

Thanks for the responses! :love_heart:

Yesterday I was hit by Labyrinth, but it only lasted for a couple of turns (I think 4 or so?).

So, Labyrinth sometimes?/always? has a turn limit. How about the other ones? Is there a way to find out without creating a non-sense game to explicitly try them all? Maybe they are dependent on the difficulty level? Like siphon? Or maybe they are always random?

Program    Turns:

Fail safe  ?

Felix      random credits?

Labyrinth  4?

Paradox    ?

Modulate   ?

Attune     ?

Order      ?

Maybe someone can make a mod where they alter the descriptions so that they state this information?

Thanks for the responses! :love_heart:

Yesterday I was hit by Labyrinth, but it only lasted for a couple of turns (I think 4 or so?).

So, Labyrinth sometimes?/always? has a turn limit. How about the other ones? Is there a way to find out without creating a non-sense game to explicitly try them all? Maybe they are dependent on the difficulty level? Like siphon? Or maybe they are always random?

I don't get it.... we just gave you an answer to all your questions and you ask them again.

See the descriptions! 

I agree that the turn limit isn't specified in the descriptions but:

If a deamon has a turn limit (like Labyrinth, Modulate, Mask and others) than this deamon will always work this way. I dont believe any of the deamons are "random" apart from fractal, failsafe and counter measures

Edit: And i do want to add that i know that the blowfish deamon gets worse in different difficulty levels (e.g more alarm levels added)

The important thing to remember is a daemon is either an effect (slowing your agents) or it causes a thing (guards spawning). And it says so when it triggers.

You should be able to figure out which type the daemon is by the description.

"Will cause a guard to spawn" is a one-time trigger. One guard will spawn. A duration in this context is meaningless.

"Will cause agents' AP to go down" is an effect. It will last a certain time and then go away.

Archived