Does mission difficulty improve loot?

Hello!

Made an account to ask this since I can't find the answer anywhere online.

Does the mission difficulty (the shield when choosing a mission (1,2,3, etc) change the value of the items or the number of credits on the mission?

Cheers!

Actually I believe it does. I mean, safes with higher firewalls contains more money usually.

In the beginning you find safes with ~200 cp, but in the end safes can contain even 660cp, which is a lot. 1 shield difference won't make a lot, though.

But I clearly remember doing 2600 cp in ONE mission, and it wasn't a vault one. (there were like 7 safes)

Does the mission difficulty (the shield when choosing a mission (1,2,3, etc) change the value of the items or the number of credits on the mission?

I believe the values of credits found per safe or per guard doesn't change, but the overall number of safes and guards to loot does. Also, specialized guards sometimes have better items. I'm not sure of precisely what the chances are of finding a better item on a specialized guard, or even if all specialized guards are equally more likely, but I know I've gotten a lot more flash grenades and smoke grenades by stealing from Support guards than by ordinary guards.

Also, the available items in Nanofabs, and the special item in the Security Dispatch missions definitely improve in quality as the game progresses, and I'm assuming it has to do with Security level more than it has to do with elapsed time.

Thanks for chiming in all. I appreciate it! Looks like the base question is still an unknown though.

I appreciate that more and better soldiers, and more objects to loot will mean more credits. That's probably answer enough.

Anyone know definitively whether mission difficulty by itself will increase the credits found and quality of random items, all other things being equal?

MONEY_SCALAR =
    {

[1] = 1.00,

[2] = 1.25,

[3] = 1.50,

[4] = 1.75,

[5] = 1.75,

[6] = 1.75,

[7] = 1.75,

[8] = 1.75,

[9] = 1.75,

[10] = 1.75,