If there are any specific questions you have, i'll see about answering them.

Hello, I have a question: build.lua contain example, like

--Add some folders to the kwadPackageFolder( package, "./stuff", true )

but is there a way to add in kwad not a folder but single file?

I would ask you to share anim file of any game-character, for modding purposes (or Internationale portrait, to put scarf in it) but it's probably too improper request.

Hello, I have a question: build.lua contain example, like

--Add some folders to the kwadPackageFolder( package, "./stuff", true )

but is there a way to add in kwad not a folder but single file?

I would ask you to share anim file of any game-character, for modding purposes (or Internationale portrait, to put scarf in it) but it's probably too improper request.

What is the purpose of adding a file without a root directory? What are you trying to achieve?

Here is what you need to do to modify any existing game resource that resides in KWAD:

1. Extract your resource from KWAD (Internationale portrait resides in gui.kwad). You can use my tool or MadDoctor5813's one. The main difference is that my tool extracts PNG's color channels in correct order and allows extraction of "Blob" files (text/fsb/lua/xml).
  2. Modify it (add scarf)
  3. Package it back with the same file hierarchy (package only files that you modified. In case of Internationale portrait file hierarchy should be "gui/images/gui/team_select_1_red.png" so in build.lua you need to change "./stuff" to "./gui").
  4. Put your KWAD file somewhere in game directory (you can rename it)
  5. Mount your package somewhere in the code. I do it in "main.lua" after 
    108 KLEIResourceMgr.MountPackage( "movies.kwad", "data" )109 KLEIResourceMgr.MountPackage( "mymod.kwad", "data" )

Make sure to mount it to the same folder ("data" in case of Internationale Portrait). This will "replace" the original version.

Klei animation/build files are in binary format. @MadDoctor sad that hes working on bin -> xml convertion by no signs of progress from him yet.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF Internationale with two scarves @Shirsh

What is the purpose of adding a file without a root directory? What are you trying to achieve?

Here is what you need to do to modify any existing game resource that resides in KWAD:

1. Extract your resource from KWAD (Internationale portrait resides in gui.kwad). You can use my tool or MadDoctor5813's one. The main difference is that my tool extracts PNG's color channels in correct order and allows extraction of "Blob" files (text/fsb/lua/xml).
  2. Modify it (add scarf)
  3. Package it back with the same file hierarchy (package only files that you modified. In case of Internationale portrait file hierarchy should be "gui/images/gui/team_select_1_red.png" so in build.lua you need to change "./stuff" to "./gui").
  4. Put your KWAD file somewhere in game directory (you can rename it)
  5. Mount your package somewhere in the code. I do it in "main.lua" after 
    108 KLEIResourceMgr.MountPackage( "movies.kwad", "data" )109 KLEIResourceMgr.MountPackage( "mymod.kwad", "data" )

Make sure to mount it to the same folder ("data" in case of Internationale Portrait). This will "replace" the original version.

Klei animation/build files are in binary format. @MadDoctor sad that hes working on bin -> xml convertion by no signs of progress from him yet.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF Internationale with two scarves @Shirsh

You see, it works greatly for static images, but there's lack of scarf not in static image but in good old animated profile_anim = "portraits/lady_tech_face", we can dig parts of animation, and change it, but I can't see proper way to pack it into kwad without full lady_tech_face.anim (with build.xml and anim.xml in it)

I tried to pack pieces with "anims/portrait/lady_tech_face" path, to try to replace default pieces by additional kwad. Builder create small .tex for every .png

But looks like for default anims.kwad, builder create big group spritesheets anims.0.tex anims.1.tex outside anims folder (at least that's how it shows when extracted before processing to png), while folders like lady_tech_face.anim contain references to it

or not, trial and error only way that I know >_<

anyway, I think about trying to replace one big .tex sheet (for trying it I need to pack that file without folder)

And yeah, there still no signs that .abld and .adef can be converted back to anim.xml and build.xml, so I try to find other ways

btw, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I use your tool I didn't have .abld and .adef files at all.

There was lockdecoder1.anim with builder, it can be opened like any zip and beside pngs have those xmls: xmls.zip

after building kwad with that anim and extraction by Doctor's extractor they became abld_adef.zip

I have no idea, maybe that extraction not full too (all utils create slightly different output >_<)

Certainly conversion would be the best option because it would be possible to make recolors of animated portraits for archives, skins for agents / enemies, etc.

You see, it works greatly for static images, but there's lack of scarf not in static image but in good old animated profile_anim = "portraits/lady_tech_face", we can dig parts of animation, and change it, but I can't see proper way to pack it into kwad without full lady_tech_face.anim (with build.xml and anim.xml in it)

I tried to pack pieces with "anims/portrait/lady_tech_face" path, to try to replace default pieces by additional kwad. Builder create small .tex for every .png

But looks like for default anims.kwad, builder create big group spritesheets anims.0.tex anims.1.tex outside anims folder (at least that's how it shows when extracted before processing to png), while folders like lady_tech_face.anim contain references to it

or not, trial and error only way that I know >_<

anyway, I think about trying to replace one big .tex sheet (for trying it I need to pack that file without folder)

And yeah, there still no signs that .abld and .adef can be converted back to anim.xml and build.xml, so I try to find other ways

btw, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I use your tool I didn't have .abld and .adef files at all.

Figured that you actually need animated portrait too late :grin:

Texture atlases are not a problem.

When the game loads animation "build" resource it references it by path (aka "alias", anims/blabla/bla.abld). The "build" references all images that it uses by "resource id" that is unique to the KWAD where it resides (i simplified a relationship). If the image is used directly (e.g. portrait icon) it is referenced by "alias".

When you mounting additional KWAD files that have the same "aliases" resource manager will rebind this alias to the new resource.

I hope this information can help you find a solution. I will try to come up with something if i will have time :grin:

Because they are not that useful outside of a KWAD file.

Have you tried my tool? It's here: https://github.com/MadDoctor5813/KWADExtractorV2/releases/tag/v2.3 If you don't want to extract everything, place just the sound.kwad file into the KWAD/ dir, and it will extract just the sounds. Feel free to contact me if you have any problems.

it extract everything except the only thing i need - sounds. jesus christ..

How do i extract sounds?

http://i.hizliresim.com/My83l2.png

it extract everything except the only thing i need - sounds. jesus christ..

How do i extract sounds?

http://i.hizliresim.com/My83l2.png

It worked on older releases. KLEI probably did some changes to their packaging tool since resource aliases in sound.kwad start with a "/" instead of being relative.

For now you can extract sound files by following these steps:

1. Extract .fsb files from sound.kwad using KWADTool
    KWADTool.exe -i sound.kwad
  2. Extract sound files using FSB extractor 
    fsbext.exe -p <password_can_be_found_in_this_thread> <path_to_extracted_fsb_file> (e.g. sound.kwad.d\sound\music.fsb)

tnx, u really helped me. ive already tried to split it with some sort of video editing software, had similiar success but ur soft is simpler.

Ive no idea why klei hasnt released their osts yet, so i must suffer sitting here spliting and merging those audio channels to enjoy game music outside of the game :grin:

Use Strelock's KWADTool, it not require Python. Just put gui.kwad into KWADTool folder and type into command line (if you don't know how to use command line, google it):

KWADTool -i gui.kwad -o outputDir

and you will have folder "outputDir" in KWADTool folder with all gui.kwad stuff (after that put gui.kwad back to normal place)

Use Strelock's KWADTool, it not require Python. Just put gui.kwad into KWADTool folder and type into command line (if you don't know how to use command line, google it):

KWADTool -i gui.kwad -o outputDir

and you will have folder "outputDir" in KWADTool folder with all gui.kwad stuff (after that put gui.kwad back to normal place)

Can you give me the download link of Strelock's Kwadtool please. Thank you so much. :joyous:  

Okay, link was on previous page in fourth comment before yours: https://github.com/Psimage/KWADTool

And in instruction included to "API example" mod.

Thanks for your help but it's still not work.

I do step by step:

1. Extract file.

2. put gui.kwad into KWADTool folder in the KWADTool-master folder

3. Open Command Prompt

4. Type 'KWADTool -i gui.kwad -o outputDir' like you said.

==> Result: not work

Please help.

post-735091-0-33456600-1450019522_thumb.

post-735091-0-19558200-1450019937_thumb.

If you see a place to type commands (mid to right bottom part of screen, only  f3-f8 buttons under it) just open kwadtool folder in one tab (this tab need to be active ie just click in it on something), write command like

KWADTool -i gui.kwad -o outputDir -e all

and press "enter"

Archived