I don't even know if people are still working on this, but I finished version 2 of the extractor. Ideally, I would've had it out about a week ago, but that didn't pan out. Here it is: https://github.com/MadDoctor5813/KWADExtractorV2/releases/tag/v2

@Asphyxiator, your dream has finally come true, as the extractor now extracts sound as .wav files.

@MadDoctor5813

Downloaded your program and gave it a shot. It extracted .fsb files into a folder called "extracted". It then tried to process the files but the application crashed. I was left with a folder called "processed" that had an empty "sound" folder inside it.

I get sounds, and some pics, but had:

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException:" about an can't load "Magick.NET-AnyCpu, version=7.0.0.0 , Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=...

have no idea what is it, but will download ._.

Unfortunately, I don't think his character had an anim when I checked. I'll look into the issue, I probably forgot to package a library.

All we need to get him back is proper names of his files. His animated portrait always was easiest to access, but his body assets were named as Tony's at early early access days, that was a problem for me, I just did  overlook "engineer" folder when was searching before. Now, to check is he have some missing sprites problems or not...

Now I'm in desperate need in understanding , how to put .png inside .kwad

I trying to pack default.png (which was with kwad builder by default) with builder but game shows either empty space instead of image, either emmm, string of white alphabet letters =/

I want to finish with Pedler's stuff and upload codes for it, so you see it yourself

Have you tried just running it again? This program does suck up a lot of memory sometimes, and that exception you're seeing could be an OutOfMemory exception. If not, then can you show me the whole error, because the stack trace it shows right now is a little unhelpful.

@MadDoctor5813 Is it normal that the image files are weirdly colored, or is it an error from the extractor. 

Also, @Arc , is there any possiblity that we can get an 32 bit builder? Or is someone here willing to write an 32 bit builder?

Odds are, the answer is in the .mdl files. When you draw vertexes in OpenGL, you can specifiy a colour that goes with each vertex. Each color is uniformly blended across the entire shape, and the result is multiplied with whatever color is in the texture, which creates the final color. This acts as kind of a tint, which would explain the discolouration. And thanks. This is the first time I've released software to the public, and I'm glad it's going so well. Except for SonicGarbage, whose case confuses me. I'm not really sure what's happening there. Hopefully he sends the whole error message soon, because it's kind of eating at my mind.

Well, if you repack and load them back into the game, they work.

I can't make them work >_<

I just rename original files and repack them, but they not showing in game (so it's not problem of .png saved with wrong options, yet), maybe it asks for proper build.lua commands? 

Also I can't unpack repacked kwads, ie can, but without processed files, that also make me think about build.lua.

I didn't change anything in it beside of names of source and output folders.

Also tried to channel-swap path to put it in too, for test:

post-448854-0-38630500-1433522586.png

• Developer

@MadDoctor5813 Is it normal that the image files are weirdly colored, or is it an error from the extractor. 

Also, @Arc , is there any possiblity that we can get an 32 bit builder? Or is someone here willing to write an 32 bit builder?

Here is a windows 32 bit exe. builder-win32.zip

Because of the way I made builder, it caches lots of stuff to memory, so our in studio builds would always go over the 3GB memory limit. I haven't actually run builder in 32 bit mode for a while now, so no guarantee that it will function correctly.

Archived