adding velocity to a hit enemy

@Volgera,

target.Physics:SetMotorVelOverride(20,0,0) target:DoTaskInTime(5,function(target)target.Physics:ClearMotorVelOverride() end)
well, this works to push stuff around unless its trying to move by itself, so u probably have to do something, to prevent it from moving by itself(probably something in the locomotorcomponent, i tried a few things but didnt find anything that works). But shooting off birds in a direction works pretty good with it so far(i bound it to a hotkey to target the thing under my mouse)^^

I'm just not sure how the locomotor works exactly... does anyone know how I can make an enemy stop moving on hit ?

You can stop their brain to prevent new paths from being taken. I don't know how to clear the cache though...

teleporting wouldn't give the 'fun' of hitting them with a baseball bat and seeing them get smashed away :p

I've also noticed this 'pushing away' effect hasn't at all been used by klei in the game... even the exploding gundpowder doesn't have a blast radius or sth

I've also noticed this 'pushing away' effect hasn't at all been used by klei in the game... even the exploding gundpowder doesn't have a blast radius or sth

then use a better searchfunction, it's used a lot :razz:

i would suggest the "search in files" function in notepad++ with the filter *.lua and the data-folder of the game.

iam not sure how gunpowder pushes stuff, but i think it's this:

inst.Transform:SetFromProxy(proxy.GUID)
u could also try around with the collisionphysics and have stuff "collide" away from your character by making his collisionphysics bigger (just search for physic with notepad++).

Archived