[HELP] Compiling issue

Alright, so I know my compiler worked earlier (I removed all mods except the one i'm working on)... I even did a test by putting two custom character templates in an attempt to have my character change "skins" on a trigger... and that worked... I then started digging into the character and doing a full redo of the skin and now it doesn't work... it doesn't compile anything. I have the .scml in the folder but it just doesn't do anything.... I'm out of ideas and I know it has to probably be something on my end with the character images but I just don't know what... i'm attaching the mod and the skin i'm working on is sweeneytodd, not sweeneytodd2.

I double checked with SPRITER and I deleted all the images that we're removed from folders but still in the .scml.... other than that I'm out of ideas.

Appreciate any help,

Vince

sweeneytodd.zip

I'm sorry for double posting, I can't find the edit post button for some reason and I wanted to make sure no one was working on old info.

I deleted ALL of the unused images I had... tails, hat, skirt etc... I copied it all and put them back in the folder, and then added them back into the scml... now it is TRYING to compile but it says Indexerror: tuple index out of range.

I'm going to make sure that all the "excess files" that are blank but I had to add into the scml file are nice and neat and then i'm going to try again.

@chupicabra,

1)u can edit posts once u have 5 posts.

2)dont make any changes to the spriterfile of the charactertemplate, this file is only a workaround and to help u check the positions of stuff. all things u want to change, u will have to do on the textures.

3)do not remove any pngs from the exported folder, just erase the content with your imagetool.

4)some of the pngs have different resolutions, u have to make sure that u didnt overwrite pngs with other pngs with differnt resolution.

if u had read the tutorial for the template, u would know that.

summary: easiest thing to make sure u dont break anything: just individually edit each of the pngs with your imagetool.

also, in the directory where the gamefolder and the modtoolsfolder is,(SteamApps\common) there should be a folder "temp", in there is the compilerlog, to look for errors.

Thanks for the response.

I had put a lot of time into the spriter  moving stuff around to where I liked it, apparently that's a nono! Anyways, since I don't know what exactly is causing the problem, I am starting form a template and moving over parts of my character bit by bit to see which one causes the compiling error...

So there is no way to make quick adjustments in spriter so size, angle etc are controlled by the .png.... kind of annoying.

It makes a lot more sense now... the only problem I am having is getting the eyes to work... they keep wanting to go way up on his head... should I just put more "blank space" in the png to try and push it down?

I figured it out... woohooo!

Nope, can't figure out how to do faces... I edited the .png and loaded it in spriter to see if it went into place and it did.... but it was only worse in game..

I put every face as a layer in gimp, then once I got the eyes for face-0 correct I used the layers to re-enact "animations" and I was able to build all of the eyes off that... WHEW.... who knew that the faces part would be this difficult.

Thanks for the help!

i created all of my sprites and now i just need to now how to compile them on mac.... At the moment, My mod works but upon loading a new game you see no one :p.... Its a ghost lol, you hear the running sounds and can interact ect.... but i have no character, can some one assist? Again. im on a mac

i created all of my sprites and now i just need to now how to compile them on mac.... At the moment, My mod works but upon loading a new game you see no one :razz:.... Its a ghost lol, you hear the running sounds and can interact ect.... but i have no character, can some one assist? Again. im on a mac

well, i take a guess and say u didnt closely follow the instructions of the charactertemplate.

which one did u use, this one?

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/46849-tutorial-using-extended-sample-character-template/

did u rename everything correctly?

did u not change anything inside the spriterfile?

did u watch out, so u dont copy pngs over other pngs with different resolutions(ideally u just open each png with your imagetool and alter the art)?

did u not just delete any png-files, but delete the content, if u dont need it?

does the compiler run before u start the game?

if u cant figure it out u could attach your mod, so we can have a look,

or start at the begin withe template, just rename everything and try to start it and make sure it works, and then start changing the art again, and make sure it still work every now and then, before u keep changing stuff.

Archived