Disabling heart monitors with Xu

So, I know I can do it, but sometimes it won't let me do it, whether or not the guard is KO or standing up. What I'm wondering is, is the ability restrained by armor penetration? i.e, if I give Xu a Pen Scanner (+1 penetration), will he be able to disable monitors on armored guards?

I'm very surprised it doesn't work, because you can disable Akuma drones (Armor 2) without any upgrades. Is this a bug?

Dr. Xu's ability is solely EMP based. So it'll work like a single target EMP, disables the electronics and heart monitors as necessary. Even OMNI Protector guards with the insanely high shielding levels can have their shields popped with Dr. Xu. But yes, it isn't related to armor piercing.

Xu's EMP thing is an "attack"; if you either already used it, or punch-zapped someone with a neural disruptor, for example, you can't use it again until the next turn, unless you use some other item that refreshes your attack (like a stim 3).

Xu's EMP thing is an "attack"; if you either already used it, or punch-zapped someone with a neural disruptor, for example, you can't use it again until the next turn, unless you use some other item that refreshes your attack (like a stim 3).

Yeah, that really doesn't have anything to do w/ it.  I understand the mechanics.

Also, Stim 3 seems to bug out and not refresh Xu's attack sometimes.  : /

Waaaaaait....you mean to tell me that Xu (and probably even emp?!) can disable heart monitors? This would make Shalem and his kind of...equipment very interesting!

I cannot test it myself right now (otherwise I would), so can someone confirm this? Xu (and/or emp) can disable heart monitors which would allow a...permanent removal of some guards who do their job too enthusiastic? Without raising the alarm? If i'm right, this would make anatomy analysis kinda obsolete to me...but allow whole new strategies! (I mean you still have to use charge packs AND pay for cleaning costs)

Shalem&Xu run, here i come!

Waaaaaait....you mean to tell me that Xu (and probably even emp?!) can disable heart monitors? This would make Shalem and his kind of...equipment very interesting!

I cannot test it myself right now (otherwise I would), so can someone confirm this? Xu (and/or emp) can disable heart monitors which would allow a...permanent removal of some guards who do their job too enthusiastic? Without raising the alarm? If i'm right, this would make anatomy analysis kinda obsolete to me...but allow whole new strategies! (I mean you still have to use charge packs AND pay for cleaning costs)

Shalem&Xu run, here i come!

I can say for certain that an EMP device can take out heart monitors but ive not tried it with Xu yet. I used emp device + Shalem last time around which was good 

• Developer

The inconsistency with Xu is that the target needs firewalls for him to have the option to EMP them. Not all guards have that. I've logged the bug so it can get patched up :-)

The inconsistency with Xu is that the target needs firewalls for him to have the option to EMP them. Not all guards have that. I've logged the bug so it can get patched up :-)

Big <3

Thanks for clearing that up, I had suspected that was the issue w/ Xu.

And thanks also for looking at the Stim III problem, lost a couple runs to that one before I stopped relying on it in clutch moments. 

Archived