cant open my saved map anymore

So i had a 190~200 days map that i played until yesterday, now i cant open it heres the error msg i get.
I have already disabled all mods. Im so sad, is there anything i can do to make this save work again?

sIW93ll.png?1

I'm assuming this is a local server. This is what I'd try:

1. go to documents/klei/donotstarvetogether

2. copy the save folder and store a backup in another location

3. go to documents/klei/donotstarvetogether/save/session/"the number after session in the error code"

4. delete the 207 file

5. go to documents/klei/donotstarvetogether/save/session/"the number after session in the error code"/KU_-tok00a-_

6. delete the 207 file in there

7. restart and try again

You may lose a day or so of progress if it works, but I'd prefer that over losing the world entirely. 

I'm assuming this is a local server. This is what I'd try:

1. go to documents/klei/donotstarvetogether

2. copy the save folder and store a backup in another location

3. go to documents/klei/donotstarvetogether/save/session/"the number after session in the error code"

4. delete the 207 file

5. go to documents/klei/donotstarvetogether/save/session/"the number after session in the error code"/KU_-tok00a-_

6. delete the 207 file in there

7. restart and try again

You may lose a day or so of progress if it works, but I'd prefer that over losing the world entirely. 

Well i tried deleting the files you said, no success, i got the same error pointed to the 206 file, tried with the 206 file and got pointed to the 205 file. at least i still have the backup, any other ideas will be very welcome, id really like to retrieve my map.

• Developer

Hi @spetu,

I'm sorry that happened to your save file.

Could you attach a zipped version of your savefile? (the 205 one, or 206 one or whatever latest you have)? I have a suspicion, and I would like to verify. May be able to fix the file for you but can't make a promise of that.

Hi @spetu,

I'm sorry that happened to your save file.

Could you attach a zipped version of your savefile? (the 205 one, or 206 one or whatever latest you have)? I have a suspicion, and I would like to verify. May be able to fix the file for you but can't make a promise of that.

Im not really sure what exact files u want since there are like 3 "205" and 3 "206" files, so i have just uploaded the entire save folder, its not that big (70mb).

heres the link

http://www.filepup.net/files/s5jjKr1431632406.html

And thanks for your help.

• Developer

Hey guys, we are aware of this issue, and will be pushing a hotfix very soon.

Update 136435 will prevent this from happening on save files from now on.  Please delete any existing corrupted save games.

Hey guys, we are aware of this issue, and will be pushing a hotfix very soon.

Update 136435 will prevent this from happening on save files from now on.  Please delete any existing corrupted save games.

uhhh, so ill have to delete my map? :frown-new:

Archived