DST Thermal Stones...

I am sort of hoping that the durability change to thermal stones might turn out like the birds starving in birdcages... i.e: Reverted back to original functionality... 

I mean, why would thermal stones have a durability, it's a solid rock.  It's already hard enough to make sure you have one with you all the time, what with inv space, forgetting to pick it up after heating/cooling it, losing it to moleworms, other player picking it up... now I find that when I don't have a thermal stone I spend a day searching every chest, storage location to see if it degraded away, or if i just forgot to pick it up from somewhere... and not checking means you waste a lot of valuable resources making an item that can't be stored long term.

Besides that, the added durability readout is a bit misleading since it can easily be confusing between % durability left and % heat remaining... it's an easy mistake to make even when you "know" how it works b/c the thermal stone is already the only item that acts differently based on the visual... 

Also, the flint and stone are extremely important resources esp in DST, even with the meteor showers.

Well, maybe the stone gets so hot, that the stone starts to melt, maybe the stones in the DS Universe is made of some sort of stone that melts fast.

But it's a lot better since launch because during early beta. Thermal stones lost durability no matter the temperature level.

Many of your arguments are relevant, but for me the most important problem is to admit the idea of my precious rock ceasing to function. The thermal stone was my "winter pet": I always took care of him, carried him wherever I went... I can't imagine he is mortal, and he can disappear one day.

@Pyromailmann, But thermal stones only get cold in summer then stay neutral, unless your suggesting it gets hot but doesn't affect you in summer. 

I know that. I read about the thermal stone getting patched to only lose durability when at max heat back around the time also when they re enabled Chester's new forms.

Archived