Long Hair Clipping

@Fredson,

there are several differnt hair and head textures that are in different Z-positions(=how far in the front they are).

u can just try to use a different texture for your hair.

what charactertemplate did u use?

if u used http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/950-extended-sample-character/

u can open the .scml file in the exported folder with spriter from the dont starve mod tools, and look up the Z-order of the differnt texturefiles.

edit: i looked into the files, i seems that the torso is pretty far in the back. i guess the best solution would be to split your hair up in 3 parts:

in a head-part, that u put on one of the hair or head textures

and a left and right part on bodyheight, that u put on the hairpigtail-textures

this will also make your hair look more dynamic, because the 3 parts move a bit independently.

Edited by Seiai

@Fredson,

u just have to paint them the right way, i did this in like 5 min, and the hair looks really good, especially ingame, because its not one big hard block, but it moves dynamicly. u will ofc have to align the edges better and fade the different parts into transparency, where they join together(i only did this a little bit).

post-628848-0-30165900-1430970262_thumb.

here the pigtails-files:

post-628848-0-59934600-1430970275.pngpost-628848-0-16057200-1430970276.png

and the headfiles:

post-628848-0-13807200-1430970292.pngpost-628848-0-16137100-1430970305.png

Edited by Seiai
  • Like 1

u shouldn't cut the piece with such hard edges but instead use a fade into transparency(like on the top edges of my pigtails, but probably with an even wider fade), this will make it less likely, that the edges can bee seen in moving animations.

if u need help, pls post a picture of the actual problem and describe it.

u could shorten the right pigtail even more, so u cant see it in the side-view anymore, and use the back-side of the skirt texture to fill the gab in the back view and if u can even see the gab on the front view, fix that with filling the gab with the tail-texture.

the template is not ideal for the kind of hair u are making, so u will have to try around a lot with piecing stuff together from different textures and make some compromises, but dont worry to much if stuff doesnt fit perfectly, in the game it usually isnt that noticable.

Edited by Seiai