Dapperness file missing?

So apparently my game is reading the dapperness.lua file as missing, and there are a couple of different things in the game that keep messing up and causing crashes for me because of this.

All I know about dapperness is that it effects sanity, and I have tried to reinstall the game about 3 times now with no luck. I've also run the check and verify game integrity in Steam with no luck. It's just plain messed up.

Anyone wanna send me their dapperness.lua file and tell me where to put it??? lol

I ran into this problem, because some of my mods added their own dapperness.lua component, but dapperness has been moved from its own component and into the equippable-component. Now, whenever I load a world with an item that has their dapperness-component on them, the world breaks. This is a big problem, when you have a mod that changes stats on every item, while adding their own dapperness-component to them all if they are missing it (which they all are, since it is now built into the equippable component.

I fixed it by first disabling the mods with dapperness.lua's in them, then right-clicked the game in Steam, clicked 'Properties', then 'Local Files', and click 'Verify integrity of game cache'.

Archived