Please Answer My Questions

Okay, I've been posting a lot recently, but I have some questions. I've always liked fiddling with games and playing around with them, which is why when I saw a post recently about someone finding out new characters by looking at .tex files I really wanted to find out how to do it, I just wanted to be able to do it, I don't know why, but no matter what game, if I find out it's possible to even edit it by editing the game files a tiny bit I make it my goal to do it. I guess you could say I'm a modder (sorta). Anyway I saw they were looking at .tex files and so I thought it should be easy enough if I could edit tex files to put my name on one of the top hats.

So I've been trying for quite a while now to put my name on a top hat, but I don't know if I can, furthest I got was de-compiling a .tex file and getting a .dds file. I edited that, but it wasn't... right. Anyway, I sort of gave up on that and I was interested in something else, I saw that someone decompiled .lua files and edited them and that's what I've wanted to do, to just edit them files and do something like make eating a seed fill all your hunger/health or something. Anything. Anyway it's all for educational purposes and fun, but I have some questions, so here they are:

1. Is any part of what I said allowed? Because I don't think it is, which is why I was worried about posting here.

2. If the answer to my first question is: Yes, then how much of it is allowed?

3. If I would be able to edit .tex files just for fun, how would I do that?

4. If I would be able to edit .lua files just for fun, how would I do that?

The answer is probably NO to the first question, so that probably cancels out all the rest, sorry if this isn't allowed and if it isn't, then I won't attempt to do any more fiddling or whatever you want to call it. If this post sounded a bit immature then I apologize as I'm only 13 and curious :/

Doing any of this is against TOS. But what stops you :/ ever heard of *COUGH COUGH COUGH* cheat *BLEH HA HAHAAAAAA COUGH COUGH* engine, exscuse me * AHHH HEEEEHHEHEH COUGH COUGH HEGH HEEEEEHHHH*

When changing or cheating the game it makes it SOOOO much more boring.... i just don't see why anyone would want to cheat (guess cuz they are bad at the game o_O)

I have, but it's not permanent and not a challenge and not fun :/ Cheat engine can't give you a cool hat with your own name on it :D

Edit: When I said the seed thing, I was using it as an example. I find Don't Starve enjoyable and actually quite a casual game (early on, lol) but I would do it simply because I have a LOT of fun from doing it :p

Edited by Aoredon