Woodie's Backstory

I personally like to think either Lucy is just someone he imagined up to talk to, or was his best friend who's soul got trapped into an axe.

But really, even the characters who do have backstories, such as Wilson and Maxwell, are rather lacking. Maxwell has the most by far, but it's not enough to sate the average character development/backstory goer.

I agree. And I really doubt Klei will ever actually tell us. It does keep it interesting

I agree. And I really doubt Klei will ever actually tell us. It does keep it interesting

Errrgh......

It would keep it interesting to me if the characters actually had a decent amount of story for them. A bit of mystery can be interesting.

But these characters have virtually nothing at all.

Instead of being interesting it hits it reverse and just makes me annoyed.

I really like the look and what little personality we get of the characters through the dialogue, and out of many games, especially a survival game such as this, it would be brilliant if these characters could have it all, you know.

Since there is very little however, we just have to come up with fan theories of our own, and while I don't mind fan theories/stories and do quite enjoy them, they don't hold up nearly as well due to the very reason that the characters have so little for them.

TF2  is a brilliant example from a story perspective that started out as very little to something that got a whole lot bigger, and while it still has a long way to go and tons of potential, you can see how little by little they made the world and characters so memorable. In some ways both games have similarities. They both have a good amount of intriguing characters you want to know more of, an interesting lore, a great art style and fun game play Not many games can bolster that.

Archived