Just finished Iron Man! Impressions :)

After so much efforts I just needed to share this :) 

I would really like to know other people scores so please share!

It took me a total of 34 hours of game to finish it in normal difficulty, Iron Man. As I really like challenges I didn't even play non-Iron Man xD

The first thing is that I love the game. The difficulty is part of the fun, I believe.

There are a number of things I want to share.

First: I realized early in the game that starting with 1 or 2 detention centers. This is a must. The first mission I do it's to get my third team member as it helps a lot.

After I aim for some money in order to buy the nice equipment when I have the chance.

There are two equipments I think are just awesome: the Biogenic gun and the recoverable med-gel. Saving up for these two is important.

In late-game I find that my team is just too strong and the challenges I have to face are not enough.

I can't wait for the full game!!!

post-628429-0-73913700-1428374401_thumb.

What part of the title is the issue? The :)

My intention was to know more about other people's experience with Iron Man and share scores, I think that's fun.

But maybe it's just me and I should only post about bugs and ideas in "General Discussion"...

My intention was to know more about other people's experience with Iron Man and share scores, I think that's fun.

I have no problem with this subject or its placement. I just don't play ironman :-)

Or at all, really. I feel like I've kinda exhausted the game and want to wait to start anew when the official version comes out.

• Developer

I love Ironman mode. It's super interesting, and makes you play completely differently. I agree that biogenic darts are super essential, or at least some sort of "get out of jail" item -- guns and cloaks in general.

In the latest development build, playing Expert Plus mode on Ironman... I have yet to beat the game. 

Yeah, biogenic dart is super powerful. All that free, ranged, armorpiercing at a very low cooldown.

Med-gel, guns and cloaks are pretty useless in my opinion. If you already have something to deal with drones and armored threats and you position yourself carefully you should never need it. But it is nice to have the option I guess, especially if you are not an expert

I usually play on ironman. I can't say it makes much difference to me, though. Non-ironman allows to rewind one stupid mistake but not much more. No save scumming.

My highscore is 49567.

I love biogenics darts. The cooldown makes them not useful during an offensive playthrough but it is a great emergency tool. Interestingly in my experience I didn't find detention centers all that desirable and especially not essencial. Yeah, having extra agent is nice but I also found that they can be a liability. I prefer to focus on getting my two agents well equipped. So for me it is Chief Financial Suite>Vault>Server Farm/Nanofab. From there I see what game gives me, and what I need to survive. If I can grab and extra agent along the way and have spare items stored to equip him I will. I don't like having rookie dragging before the squad though. 

To me the biggest dangers are robots and past day 3 hacking. If I have a way to deal with those I am good.

Archived