Look at Sack without equipping

Wouldn't this make the chest a little obsolete? The backpack is quite inexpensive (4 cut grass and 4 twigs) vs. 12 logs (or 3 boards) required for a chest. I would gladly accept one less inventory slot if this was the case. The only reason I have chests instead of backpacks is sheer convenience as I don't like having to equip the backpack every time I want to see what is already in there.

I think it is fine the way it is TBH mate :)

I absolutely agree with flash. the only real bonus the chest has to offer since the backpack is that it is more convenient to use, one slot is nothing, especially considdering the low costs of the backpack. If the devs decide to make the backpack usable on the ground, noone would use chests anymore, leaving Krampus useless aswell. Very bad idea.

The bonus to backpacks over chests being the ability to look in them seems more than a little odd. I think you should be able to look in backpacks without equiping them, and Krampus would steal an entire backpack in one swipe. Chests he would steal one item at a time and/or need to break it first.

I'm 99% sure the only reason he doesn't steal backpacks at the moment is the fact that it needs to remember what was in the backpack instead of just dropping an empty one.