In the winter to give beginners a protection

Now if there is a new game player to come in, the server just run to the winter or summer, new game player will die again and again, recommended when new game player came in, the first few days will be immune to freezing and hot (such as the first 5 days), what do you think?

I think this is unnecessary.  You can see before joining a server what season it is.  You choose to join during perilous times.  I join plenty of servers in the middle of winter and dont freeze so its not only doable it very doable.  If you cant survive winter with no gear dont join a server in winter.  May suck for you but thats the name of the game. 

At this time I'd like to just point something out to all newcomers to Don't Starve.  In the original single player version there is a part of the game called adventure mode.  It required you to play 5 out of 7 possible worlds all uniquely tweaked in some way.  One such tweak was in fact called the King of Winter.  That world required you to survive in a perma-winter state AND if you joined this as your first world you had to complete it without any starting gear.  So that is why many of the veterans have no problem joining servers in the dead of winter.  It is something that will cause your "Make spawning in winter easier" complaints fall on deaf ears.  You already got a ball of light that keeps you warm for a day.  Consider yourselves lucky for getting that.  Otherwise read the server description and see what season you're entering before you enter.

King of Winter is not a great analogy because it starts you off with a few key items (including a thermal stone!).

But still, I agree--don't join a server in winter if you care about dying and you can't manage to survive on your own!

I agree with you, if it is a survival mode and endless mode, everyone enters from the same gate, near the resources will be less special, or were burnt, nothing at all.

King of Winter is not a great analogy because it starts you off with a few key items (including a thermal stone!).

But still, I agree--don't join a server in winter if you care about dying and you can't manage to survive on your own!

Mod is good, but I more like if native support for it, so I don't have to tell them when each game player to come in, "you won't be cold in the first few days", they more is fear, then exit, and then the server only me a person . ..

blambin, there is a mod that does exactly that: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387362449

If you're playing survivor or endless, you could leave care packages at the portal. You could put backpacks with small stacks of grass, twigs, logs, and flints. Place a fire ring near the portal with a box full of fire supplies. Include an alchemy machine.

You know, create a social support system!

If you're playing survivor or endless, you could leave care packages at the portal. You could put backpacks with small stacks of grass, twigs, logs, and flints. Place a fire ring near the portal with a box full of fire supplies. Include an alchemy machine. You know, create a social support system!

In the early days of the beta this was the go to strat for this problem.  For the first week or two of the beta every world you joined had a welcome mat or a greeter to keep you alive.  One of my favorite things was greeting every player who came to my world.  Then came the griefers and they ruined it for everyone.  After greifing became so prevalent every welcome mat was burned, looted and hammered down to screw every person who came after them.  Some of the fun aspects of this game have been completely removed by all the players who have nothing better to do than make everyone's life as miserable as theirs. 

In short just get better at the game.  Winter spawns aren't that hard if you know what you're doing.

Archived