GAME IDEAS...What does everyone think?

First off, love the feel of the game. Bought and paid for it last week.After many playthroughs and trying to stay as current and possible in the forum,here's what I'd love to see (sorry if any of these have been mentioned before):1)a Mini-MapThe map could serve as both a realtime reference to areas explored and unexplored instead of having to constantlyTab and Tab back. It could also serve as a Compass when using the Rotate arrow keys.2)Ability to Save & Quit the game.I say this not to make the game easier, but instead for those of us needing to use our computerfor cpu intensive tasks or just for entertainment while in the middle of a playthrough.Once you die, you're dead, no restarting from the last save point. This would be just for continuation purposes.3)Shortcut keys for certain or all items. Especially things used constantly (i.e. certain foods or tools).I've never been a fan of always navigating menus. It'd also be nice to have the option to hide those menus for us shortcut players.4)Transportation & Speed. Someone in an earlier post mentioned being able to ride a Beefalo. I like this idea a lot, especially with the ever growing maps. But why stop there. Different characters could have different means of quick travel. Wendy's for example could be being swept up in a hurricane of crows and transported to a clicked local on the map. Just a thought.5)Papyrus: Maybe as a means for learning and writing different Spells, Potions, etc..6)Leveling up & Upgrades:I like the idea of being able to level up your character. Once you've storaged everything you canand Researched everything, leveling up will add extra dimension and playability for those surviving longer. Italso allows for bragging rights. Especially if we can have the option to advance each of our characters in different directions instead of one linear upgrade.7)Island Exploration:I think there needs to be an incentive to search every inch of the island.For example, maybe for Potion ingredients, hidden areas (like caves). Maybe one of the characters is an alchemist, and another a witch. The more powerful the spell or potion, the rarer the ingredients.8)Science Machines:Since the charcters will be interchangable within the game, maybe the Science Machines belongs to one of the Characters only. The more things belonging solely to one character, the more depth per walkthrough.9)Organization:A way to organize dropped items on the ground. In or around campsite.10)Zelda:References to this game welcome.11)A way to accomodate different gamers play styles and strategies:Incentives for the person who likes to build a fort and surround themselves with stored items.Or the gamer who likes to roam constantly.12)Combine Percentaged items:What about the ability to combine percentaged items into one (examplethe Torch or the Log Suit. 10% Torch + 30% Torch = one 40% Torch.)Who wants to leave a low percentage Log Suit, but fears going into battle with one?13)Auto-EquipAutomatically equip things like the Log Suit or Hat. If you build a new one, chances are we need it asap.14)Can the hats mean something other than just a fashion statement?Like a spider hat to blend as one with the spiders.

I really like your ideas for the Mini-Map and the Combine Percentaged items. Those would both make the game a little be more user-friendlyI'd like to see the addition of a craftable backpack to increase inventory space. I understand that having limited space is a feature of the game but I'm constantly having to decide between picking up 1 item at the expense of an other. Make it very hard to obtain through research cost and materials needed to craft it and maybe it only gives you 5 extra spaces, but it's still an upgrade.

Don't Starve 67554I wrote this immediately after the update last Tue, but forgot to post.Sorry if it's a little dated now:So many bees it slows my laptops processor down.Will they drop honey again?I love that there's more than one hive on the island though.I miss the kill or be killed interaction between the bees and the beefalo. It was a fun way to farm for honey.Killed 2 hives close together and took me 2 days and 4 spears to kill them all.Fireflies. When caught it'd be nice to release 1 batch at a time. I caught 4 batches and it released all at once.Any chance of being able to throw the spear at some point?Chests: mabye consequences to placing meat in a container with something like manureDiseases: suffering from them and having to find a cure.Can't wait for seasons. It'll be nice to have another use for Beefalo fur and possibly gathering up those rabbit hideslittering my campsite.I'd like to see other things upgradable like the tools & farms: Weapons; Chests; seeds/vegetables; my character; inventory; effigies; etc. It'd also be interesting to see upgrades that aren't all necessarily better just different.The more choices and directions each player can take their character, the more depth and individuality I think it'll add to each gamers experience. Plus another conversation starter within the forums.

nooooooooo :(

haha. Leveling and upgradability is not for everyone I guess. I'm not a big RPG fan, but I do like when some of those concepts are adapated. I don't know about you, but even being able to upgrade to the golden tools makes the game more enjoyable to me. After surviving a certain amount of days and after so many play throughs, rebuilding axes and pickaxes all the time just gets overly redundant. Having some sort of Leveling or Upgrading system in place gives me more things to work towards. Just like achievements.

What kinds of symptoms, diseases, parasites or infections would be relevant to this game?...hmmm...Mad Beefalo Disease; Hepatitis; Malaria from traveling the swamps; Gangreen; maybe something from eating too much spider meat;Dehydration; Giardia...Cures could exist only in certain areas (i.e. Flora, fungi, etc)Maybe even a religious character to go along with the Scientist; Witch; & Alchemist characters.what does everyone else suggest? Chime in. I'd love to see how far we can take this thread.