Is it alright to "request" mods or ask for mods?

And if so, could possibly a mod(erator) make a sticky for such things?

There are a lot of good ideas out there with people that just don't have the ability, time, or patience to bring them to life... and sharing is part of what this is all about, right?

I'm not even saying this as if people should be commissioning mods like artwork, just that modders should draw inspiration from suggestions just like Klei does, and a request/suggestion area for mods would be very great for that.

I also kind of want to see some of my suggestions implemented and I'd burn down a whole town in order to see it happen, but I hate coding so much it makes my fingers curl upwards and my bones break when I try.

Edited by Chesska

I'm going to be completely honest with you here. There's an entire sea of people who call themselves "an ideas guy" and swear their mod idea(s) is(are) the best in the world. Pick any random page on this forum and you'll find at least one person with a mod idea and no intention of implementing it themselves. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one of them. But what most, if not all of these people fail to realize is that modding can require a LOT of creative thinking. With that level of creativity required, modders aren't exactly short on ideas. I mean we became modders BECAUSE we had so many creative ideas and wanted to prove they could work. You see what I'm saying?

I'm not telling you this to crush your spirits. Like rezecib said, it's okay to make requests but try not to get your hopes up, even if someone says they're going to make your mod. The truth is, if you really want to see your idea in action, the best way to go about it is to just bite the bullet and learn how to mod.

That said, I really do wish there was a subforum for all the "I'm an ideas guy and here's a mod idea" threads.