Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Gather round children! Also, gather round, children! I have an idea! Ghosts should be able to haunt skeletons, and walk around as a skeleton. They would have 1 health. They would be unable to equip things or craft. Upon being killed, the skeleton would be destroyed and the player would go ghost. (Danny Phantom!) As a skeleton, the player could use a telltale heart to resurrect themself. It would mostly just be for people who accidentally kill themselves with telltale hearts.

So I just played a game where the person I was playing with died and mentioned how boring death was. I don't find being dead boring as I make my own little game of being a light. However, it would be nice if there were more things you could do while being dead, and I thought haunting and possessing skeletons might be one of them, especially since there is already a skin for them in Wilton. I think you could do things while in skeleton form with obvious limitations, something like not being able to pick up anything that is not a tool or weapon, limited/diminishing health, greater sanity drain on other characters, etc. It would basically be a skeleton that could pick up an axe to start cutting trees, or pulling up grass (as whatever harvested would drop on the ground), or help fight crazy sanity monsters that are attacking a fellow don't starve togetherer, etc. After you take so much damage or your health decreases to 0 over time the skeleton would be destroyed and you would become a ghost again.

I don't think resurrecting yourself should be as "easy" as haunting your skeleton to gain control of it and then use a telltale heart, I think that should be impossible actually, because it just provides a reason to play don't starve alone and not together.

It's cool, but it can't be so simple. If this worked then ever time you die you could always control your skeleton and no one would just go around as a ghost.

Maybe there could just be a chance to control the skeleton and a chance to just destroy it?

Archived