A use for Marble: Sculpture!

Looking over the Don't Starve Wiki, I noted there's only two uses for Marble, the Suit and Checkered Flooring.

What about giving characters the option to set up a marble block (for 4 or so Marble) and craft a chisel (2 Flint, 4 Sticks) to slowly chip away at the block, eventually producing a random statue. (Maybe five or so general designs with one or two character specific ones.)

Upon completion, statues grant a sizable one-off bonus to sanity but are otherwise purely decorative

This seems potentially open to exploitation, by leaving statues one chip away from completion for whenever you need a calming bonanza. Perhaps chipping itself should be what you need for sanity restoration.

You could kind of code it like a crock pot.  Use marble to craft a marble block.  Put a combination of pick-axes and marble into it, hit "cook", and have it transform into a statue.

Or code it like a craftable boulder.  Use marble to craft a marble block.  Use a golden pickaxe to "mine" it, and then instead of a destruction animation, you get a statue.

I like the idea.  

Archived