Shank 2 linux gamepad

armahillo

I've been able to get this to (mostly) work, though it took some trickery.Go into the control settings (About & Settings -> Controls) click on the "Next" icon in the upper right, when it shows you the keyboard controls. It should take you to a different panel that has the controls for your joystick. The (failing) expected behavior is that I should be able to select an item, then press the button I want to bind to it, and it should accept that button. The actual behavior is that when I select an item, it automatically jumps to "DPad 0 Up"The workaround is:On the each item, hold down the NEW button you want to bind, then click the item, then release the button. So if I wanted to bind "Dodge Left" with the "Left bumper" button on my Saitek gamepad, I would hold Left Bumper first, then click on "Dodge Left", then release the Left Bumper. Doing "Up" and "Down" are a little trickier: For DOWN, go to the item immediately above "Look Up" (I think it's "Move Right"), press and hold the DOWN button on your gamepad, then click on "Down", and release. For UP, do the same thing, but from below (or, if you have the buggy behavior, just select the item and press nothing, it will select it by default).I wish there was a way to do key combinations for this -- I have 11 buttons on my Saitek gamepad (it's a near-PS2 clone) and that's 1 too few to match all the bindings.ALSO -- The game does not correctly save my keybindings on exit. I've checked in ~/.klei/shank2/users/ -- and there is a "settings.sav" file, but it is a binary dump (which I found a little strange, given that the graphics are a textual ini file that I can edit).

The workaround is:On the each item, hold down the NEW button you want to bind, then click the item, then release the button. So if I wanted to bind "Dodge Left" with the "Left bumper" button on my Saitek gamepad, I would hold Left Bumper first, then click on "Dodge Left", then release the Left Bumper. Doing "Up" and "Down" are a little trickier: For DOWN, go to the item immediately above "Look Up" (I think it's "Move Right"), press and hold the DOWN button on your gamepad, then click on "Down", and release. For UP, do the same thing, but from below (or, if you have the buggy behavior, just select the item and press nothing, it will select it by default).

I have a XBOX 360 controller and am unable to do up and down using the left analog stick.I also experience the issue of settings not being preserved after restarting the game.

We've made an updated version for Linux available to Humble Bundle which should address this issue. Please ensure you have the latest release version. Thanks!

Thanks for your help so far. I have the same issue that's being discussed in this thread. Not only do I not see an updated version for Linux available on Humble Bundle, the Shank 2 download for Linux has been removed completely. The only download that's available is for Windows. I'd really like to be able to play this game, but this issue has prevented me from it thus far, as I find playing with the keyboard to be much less comfortable. Please do what you can to get this issue resolved. If it's in Humble Bundle's hands right now, then let me know and I will contact them about it as well. Thanks!

The new version is up now on my humble bundle page. Downloading now

I was able to set controls by holding down the key and clicking the action as suggested by armahillo. The issue for which this thread was first created is fixed. Shank is not always looking up.With the Xbox 360 controller I am having some trouble with the triggers and right analog stick. Also, the controller settings are still not saved when the game is closed.

Hi,same issue as floorshank with the update 3 without the right analog stick witch work fine for me.

With the Xbox 360 controller I am having some trouble with the triggers and right analog stick. Also, the controller settings are still not saved when the game is closed.

@floorshank maybe you can try to fix the right analog stick with jstest-gtk,if it's dead zone related.

I have a wireless xbox 360 controller, and with the xboxdrv config file below, Shank 2 (update 2, haven't tried update 3 yet with the controller)works perfectly. Without, with the default config right analog and trigger are swapped...IIRC, this is basically the layout of a non-wireless xbox360 controller (which is not the same as the wireless... go MS), but with the right analog x/y flipped...$ cat shank2-update2.xboxdrv [xboxdrv]ui-clear = trueextra-devices=falseextra-events=falsedeadzone=4000device-name = "Shank 2 Gamepad"trigger-as-button=true[ui-buttonmap]A=BTN_AB=BTN_BX=BTN_XY=BTN_YSTART=BTN_STARTGUIDE=BTN_MODEBACK=BTN_BACKLB=BTN_TLRB=BTN_TRTL=BTN_THUMBLTR=BTN_THUMBR[ui-axismap]X1=ABS_XY1=ABS_Y# Swapped on purpose.X2=ABS_RYY2=ABS_RX DPAD_X = ABS_HAT0X DPAD_Y = ABS_HAT0Y

@floorshank maybe you can try to fix the right analog stick with jstest-gtk,if it's dead zone related.

Thanks for the tip about jstest-gtk... never used it. It actually looks like what @pholklore said is exactly my scenario. Right analog and trigger are swapped. I am going to play around and see what I can do. I beat the game with the default config, using start and back for grab and pounce.Does update 3 save configurations after restart?