This item picks up every loose item in an area around your character and puts it into you inventory and degrades when used.

Expensive to craft e.g 10 gold 2 rope and loses 10% durability after every use.

This will solve the items out of bounds problem, will help gathering resources and if you happen to die in the middle of a spider infested area, it will no longer be impossible to recover your dropped items.

Worn the same as the other amulet so you cant wear a log suit while trying to use the amulet.

Any thoughts?

Ah yes, the "auto-pickup" item, a classic suggestion. :)

I suggested something like a magnet shaped like a metal detector a while back. The oddness being that it could pickup anything, including non-magnetic items (i.e. logs). rathering than degrading in the player's inventory, how about he has to equip it (hand slot) so you use it when there are lots of dropped items instead of all the time.

Keep in mind that items falling off the islands (i.e. out of bounds) is a bug.

I was thinking of wearing it in your armor slot so you are more vulnerable so you are taking a risk when using it.

Well the chest slot is the most valuable slot.

Yeh, I know about the out of bounds bug, I just wanted a hot fix item so we don't have to lose our precious loot :)

Hopefully in the near future that bug will be fixed. Until then we just need to avoid killing things near the island edge.

I think having it in the armor slot is a good idea because it allows some balance, especially if you added something like slowing the character down as more things are picked up by the amulet and stick to your player. Having said that, it wouldn't really make sense if it slowed your character down as having a full inventory doesn't slow you down.