how do I setup mod downloading on server

Hi guys

Is it possible to setup automatic mod downloading for people who join my server (its not dedicated) becasue atm I have created a collection of mods for DST that I like, I still have to get everyone to subscribe to the collection

any and all help would be great

@DTM450, If mods have to be on clients as well as the server, they should automatically download already. This is in the mod developer's hands, essentially-- it's a flag we set in the modinfo.

If you're finding that people can't join your server unless they download the mods, it's possible there's a bug in the autodownload process (maybe your server is failing to provide accurate mod data?).

As for getting client-only mods to download for everyone (e.g. Always On Status) there's no way to really do that. You might be able to set all_clients_require_mod = true in your own copy of it (Edit: also need to set client_only_mod = false), but I think that would only have clients download it, not enable it (because their copy will say all_clients_require_mod = false).

Additionally, clients can turn on auto-subscription. I'm not sure if this only applies to all_clients_require_mod mods, or if It will auto-subscribe to all of them except the client_only_mods.

• Developer
Additionally, clients can turn on auto-subscription. I'm not sure if this only applies to all_clients_require_mod mods, or if it auto-subscribes to all of them, but that should cause them to subscribe on joining servers.

The auto-subscribe option will subscribe to all mods in the server's mod description table, which is everything but mods flagged as client_only_mod = true.

Archived