DST Dedicated server on redhat?

• Developer

Yup, we only provided instructions for the debian family distributions but you just need the 32bit versions of the required libraries and you should be all good. Just let us know if you run into any problems after getting those installed. You can see whether you've got everything using the ldd tool (ldd ./dontstarvetogether_nullrenderer or whatever we named the file)

I think you kinda misread my question. I can't find libcurl4-gnutls-dev on redhat. I can only find libcurl-devel.i686 and a couple of similar libraries, which causes the program to error out with 

: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

and then it kicks me back out to the bash window. Help would be very appreciated, as I can't find the right dang curl library.

I hate to ask, but would it be possible to upgrade to CentOS 7?  I think it comes with libc 2.17, whereas the latest package for CentOS 6 is 2.12.  I'm asking because to be honest, any workarounds you do to get it working will involve using unofficial repositories or building it from source, and both of those options could affect the stability of your system.  And as long as you're going to be affecting the stability of your system anyway, you might as well upgrade to CentOS 7 so that you're affecting it in a known and tested way.

Yup, we only provided instructions for the debian family distributions but you just need the 32bit versions of the required libraries and you should be all good. Just let us know if you run into any problems after getting those installed. You can see whether you've got everything using the ldd tool (ldd ./dontstarvetogether_nullrenderer or whatever we named the file)

$ ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ ldd ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer)./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer)        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00a28000)        libSDL2-2.0.so.0 => ./lib32/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 (0x002cd000)        libcurl-gnutls.so.4 => not found        librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0x00efe000)        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00f48000)        libfmodevent.so => ./lib32/libfmodevent.so (0x00dc6000)        libfmodex.so => ./lib32/libfmodex.so (0x006cc000)        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x0014f000)        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x0040e000)        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00d12000)        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00438000)        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x0023a000)        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00263000)        libfmodex-4.44.07.so => ./lib32/libfmodex-4.44.07.so (0x00851000)

Where can I obtain libcurl-gnutls.so.4 package? Because I may have the same problem like OP

$ ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ ldd ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer)./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer)        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00a28000)        libSDL2-2.0.so.0 => ./lib32/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 (0x002cd000)        libcurl-gnutls.so.4 => not found        librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0x00efe000)        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00f48000)        libfmodevent.so => ./lib32/libfmodevent.so (0x00dc6000)        libfmodex.so => ./lib32/libfmodex.so (0x006cc000)        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x0014f000)        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x0040e000)        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00d12000)        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00438000)        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x0023a000)        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00263000)        libfmodex-4.44.07.so => ./lib32/libfmodex-4.44.07.so (0x00851000)

Where can I obtain libcurl-gnutls.so.4 package? Because I may have the same problem like OP

We have the same problem it looks like, although you need libstdc++ too. If you find a fix post it please.

I hate to ask, but would it be possible to upgrade to CentOS 7?  I think it comes with libc 2.17, whereas the latest package for CentOS 6 is 2.12.  I'm asking because to be honest, any workarounds you do to get it working will involve using unofficial repositories or building it from source, and both of those options could affect the stability of your system.  And as long as you're going to be affecting the stability of your system anyway, you might as well upgrade to CentOS 7 so that you're affecting it in a known and tested way.

Unfortunately I'm running off of a VM and I'm not really able to change the OS.

I think you can do exactly the way I did for debian stable :

you get the precompiled library (this git repo claim to be compatible with centOS) :

#And for libcurl, this post tell us that the game (so maybe the server ?) can work with only the libcurl.so.4 :

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36809-linux-issue-with-libcurl-gnutlsso4-cant-start-the-game/

ln -s libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4

Then, you can launch the game like that :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dst_lib ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer

/!\ Be careful to NOT do

#Don't do that !

#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/dst_lib

Because like that, each library ~/dst_lib will be used instead of the system's one. And you don't want that to append.

We have the same problem it looks like, although you need libstdc++ too. If you find a fix post it please.

About libstdc++, I already installed them (Both 64 and 32-bit) and yeah, still got those error I think.. Don't know why

But I already managed that by using the git repo one on wiki I think, explained in the quote below..

you get the precompiled library (this git repo claim to be compatible with centOS) :

#And for libcurl, this post tell us that the game (so maybe the server ?) can work with only the libcurl.so.4 :

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/36809-linux-issue-with-libcurl-gnutlsso4-cant-start-the-game/

/!\ Be careful to NOT do

Because like that, each library ~/dst_lib will be used instead of the system's one. And you don't want that to append.

Thanks, but the only problem right now is libcurl-gnutls.so.4 and I'm still looking for it :/

Okay, I got different result now..

I installed libcurl.i686 (the 32-bit one) through yum then executed this command

Relaunch the server... And seems the server now.. working? I don't know, I'm still checking on it

This is the log.. Got a lot of "Could not unload". Is this normal? But my server is avaiable from list..

http://pastebin.com/1YzJYUxT

Update: Oh well, mine is working now :grin:

9SVk2JM.png

/!\ Be careful to NOT do

I think that did it, thanks a ton!

I'm still getting the same error : libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

I followed G4E's instructions and it still isn't working for me. I'm currently on Debian 6 64bit, any help would be great.

Also as a side note, i'm still new with Linux, so please bare with me!

I'm having a similar problem running Fedora 23 64-bit. I used to be getting the libcurl-gnutls.so.4 library not found error, made the symlink to the correct file, then I started getting an error saying libgnutls.so.26 was not found. so I did exactly what I did before, symlinking the file with the correct one. but for some reason it still gives me the error. however, launching it through the steam runtime seems to work fine. any ideas?

On 1/28/2015 at 1:14 AM, G4E said:

I think you can do exactly the way I did

I put your libraries to /home/dst/server_dst/bin/lib32 directory, and run

I use CentOS 5 32-bit. (centos-release-5-11.el5.centos)

Now I have only two errors

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer)
./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: error while loading shared libraries: ./lib32/libc.so.6: unexpected PLT reloc type 0x2a

Any ideas how to fix errors?

I think it wrong libc.so.6/libstdc++.so.6 for my OS...

Archived