[Gameplay] - Guards spot agents with cover

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Guards spot agents with cover
Issue Description: I've attached the images related to it. The guard path was given by a TAG pistol. Agent was covered given his path. Note especially the position where the guard is when he sees the agent -- he literally has already walked by and does a 135 degree turn to her location. Something seems very off.

I also had this happen to me on a prior mission - an agent that was hiding in the notice zone of the guard's path (which normally had been fine in previous patches) was spotted. That case was slightly different and the guard didn't walk past them before turning around.
Steps to Reproduce: This was in story mode. Level 1 guard, tagged. No special actions to reproduce.

form-468399-0-76793900-1421895829_thumb.

form-468399-0-35477600-1421895812_thumb.

* Guard vision more accurate (and thus a little more dangerous). While moving, They will notice agents in their peripheral vision more often now.

I'd accept that except if the guard was standing there, the agent could walk right up to that point and go unnoticed.

Also, how could he see BEHIND himself? He didn't turn around when walking by the agent, he turned around after passing.

The only thing I can think is that his guard path ended there with a 90 degree or more turn, though I don't think guards' patrol paths do (or should do) that.

I can't say from the images if it is what is happening in your game but guards absolutely make 90 degree or more turns during patrol paths.  If you have them tagged somehow to see the route it will only show you their walking path, not what direction they will decide to face once they get to the end of the path.  That said given your images I would have assumed that spot to be safe as well, at least in previous patches.

The guard was investigating the spot he starts at due to the scanner. He was originally in the room clipped to the left of the image,(past the door that he was walking to), so I can only assume he was going back to his spot in the original room (was stationary). I would accept that the changes would make him notice me as he turned the corner (i.e. spot that makes the 45 degree turn next to agent), but where he current spots her makes me really question what's going on.

• Developer

This looks like a bug of some kind indeed. It's not the new guard vision update. That worked as designed. Your agent was hiding around the corner as you expected, the guard would have passed by as it did. But you are right that it is odd how he saw your agent at his end point. Looking into it. 

My first guess would be that he was originally a stationary guard standing in front of the door, facing away from it.  So after he checked the scanner interest point and found nothing, he returned to his guard position. At the end of his walk he turned to face his original facing and saw the agent.

Going to add a couple more pics to give context. First pic shows the location of the guard initially - he was stationary, but moving to investigate the door opening from Deckard on the other side of room. After he reached the doorway (end of his investigation), scanner went off, and he went to where Deckard was (around the corner of the guard spawn room). After that turn, I assumed he would be moving back to his initial stationary position. Is it possible that he would have actually moved back to the doorway and become stationary there (with facing towards my agent) and thus spot Banks? Doesn't seem like any behavior I've seen before, or should be intended.

• Developer

Do you have the save file for this mission still?

From that screen shot, his original position wasn't at that door.. so it wasn't him returning to his guard position. The save file would help us find the bug.

Archived