PvP just like in Terraria

I haven't played DST in a while and I don't intend on playing it any time soon (want to build up my excitement and play it when a lot more stuff is added). So if this is already in game just tell me and I'll remove this post.

Anyone played Terraria? Well for those who have and know what I'm talking about, my suggestion is to implement the same way we toggle PvP on and off in Terraria for Don't Starve Together. So basically in game we have a toggle sword (PvP) icon, all players need to activate this icon for everyone to be able to attack each other. So as an example this is how it works:

Player A activates PvP in game and a message pops up for everyone to see that PvP was activated for Player A.

Player B does not activate PvP in game.

Player A and player B cannot fight each other.

Player B now activates PvP in game and a message pops up for everyone to see that PvP was activated for Player B.

Now both Player A and player B can PvP.

Works great in Terraria and also a message to say who has activated PvP can appear on screen, yes you guessed it, just like in Terraria :)

@Silentdarkness1, Well, I think this would actually be a good system for non-PvP. The reason is that I've seen quite a few "PvP" servers that really want coop with the option to do a little fighting each other. A Terraria-like PvP system would make them more likely to just set their servers to non-PvP and that would reduce a lot of confusion over what a given server intends to happen when they enable PvP.

No the point of this is that there won't need to be a server option before starting the game. You literally have the PvP option in game. So as long as you have PvP disabled you'll never get attached by anyone no matter if they have PvP enabled.

So if Player A and Player B both enable PvP in game and Player C has PvP disabled in game, then Player C can sit back and watch both Player A and Player B fight it out. If Player C wants to join in, then all Player C has to do is enable PvP in game and now Player C can damage and take damage from Player A and Player B.

Follow me?

Archived