Deerclops harder in DST?

Debug spawning in some deerclops in a new world for the lulz/waiting for friend to get on. In DST it took my dark sword down to about 20% (playing Wes) to kill. I also could only get 3 hits in with good timing, usually only getting 2. With dark sword on wes dealing 51 damage per hit that is ~4000 hp on deerclops. Twice what it should be. 

In the vanilla I can easily hit 3 times up to 4 or 5 with good timing. My dark sword was also only at around 60% (still playing wes) when the deerclops died. 

Now imagine 6 people beating on it at the same time.

That's what it's tuned for. 

Having 6 people ganging on the deerclops is wishful thinking.

May as well give the Ancient Guardian 6000 health because I can bring 20 lobsters down.

yeah I think it should depend on how many players are in lobby when it spawns. I usually only play with 2-3 people and last time a deerclops spawned (me being the most experienced player, and also wes) was charged with drawing it from base and fighting it. Long story short I was trying to fight insanity monsters and deerclops haha barely managed to kill the beast, which is why I decided to test. Do TreeGuards, spiderqueens, etc. scale as well?

tetrified, on 05 Jan 2015 - 3:18 PM, said:snapback.png

to prevent a lil misinformation going on in this thread:

WEREPIG_HEALTH = 350 * 1.5, -- harder for multiplayer

PIG_GUARD_HEALTH = 300 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

MERM_HEALTH = 250 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

WALRUS_HEALTH = 150 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

KNIGHT_HEALTH = 300 * 3, -- harder for multiplayer

BISHOP_HEALTH = 300 * 3, -- harder for multiplayer

ROOK_HEALTH = 300 * 3, -- harder for multiplayer

BEEFALO_HEALTH = 500 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

KOALEFANT_HEALTH = 500 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

SPIDER_WARRIOR_HEALTH = 200 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

LEIF_HEALTH = 2000 * 1.5, -- harder for multiplayer

DEERCLOPS_HEALTH = 2000 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

TALLBIRD_HEALTH = 400 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

TEENBIRD_HEALTH = 400*.75 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

KRAMPUS_HEALTH = 200 * 1.5, -- harder for multiplayer

SPIDERQUEEN_HEALTH = 1250 * 2, -- harder for multiplayer

From Tuning.lua

Note: I did not find these values by hand, just searched using ^((?!harder).)*$, so it may not be a complete list

If it has twice as much health, it's effectively easier as long as the number of players hitting it is greater than 2, and the same difficulty if it's 2 players. During the winter, players are the most likely to be close to the base, compared to summer, and basically all DST games have at least 2 players, otherwise, why play DST instead of DS?

Maybe not always 6, but even 4 makes it die twice as fast as it'd die in single player. 3 is 50% faster death than in single player.

I don't see how it's wishful thinking to assume you will have more firepower than usual. You also have more people gathering, and are more likely to be able to create gunpowder early by getting a birdcage asap, so it makes that strat easier, too. 

I don't see how it's wishful thinking to assume you will have more firepower than usual. You also have more people gathering, and are more likely to be able to create gunpowder early by getting a birdcage asap, so it makes that strat easier, too. 

I can lead the horses to water but I can't make them drink.

Even if I let them die.

Archived