Wigfrid cannot create Battle Spears and Battle Helms

I recently joined my friend's server, which is a wilderness world. I cannot make Wigfrid's Battle Spears and Battle Helms on the server. The action is done but the creation of the armor and weapon are not made. Is there any way I can fix this?

@JayLam, The way custom recipes are implemented now means that if they don't load in the same order on the client and the host, then the clients with mismatched orders will either craft something different when they try to craft something, or not be able to craft it at all.

Since recipes should always load in the same order within a given mod, this is only an issue with multiple mods that add crafting recipes. So unfortunately all you can really do for now is make sure you're not using more than one :(

@rezecib Ahh okay. I noticed that this only happens to me on Wilderness servers. In Survival, I'm able to make Battle Helms, Furoz's glasses, Wickerbottom's books, Rikky's boomerangs, etc. as much as I want but not in Wilderness. I guess I will have to turn off my mods when playing on Wilderness servers. :(

I had the same issue with Wigfrid as a client not long ago; you spawn with the items fine but if you try to actually craft either the helmet or the battle spear, you only get as far as the crafting/interacting animation and nothing is crafted, nor the materials taken from inventory. Tried reconnecting, tried having them restart the server even- no dice.

*edit* Is anyone at Klei looking to integrate a piece of code within the Mods menu that ensures mods are always loaded in a uniform order, based on perhaps the mod's name or something that will be identical for all instances of the game?

That would be pretty awesome and I think relatively straight forward? If all clients are required to have the same mods as the host in order to join, and the mods are always loaded say, alphabetically, then everyone will have the same "stack" and not have any such issues with mods clashing?

Edited by outseeker

@outseeker, Mods can influence loading order by specifying priority. But this should really only be used for otherwise intractable cases; the problem here is just that custom recipes haven't really been looked at in terms of this problem. There are a number of ways to make it not matter which order recipes are added between the client and server (e.g. actually sending the recipe prefab name instead of the sortkey, or acquiring the list of recipes from the server on connection), and we should be getting one of those implemented soon.

• Developer
make sure the HOST and YOU have updated the mod(s)

This shouldn't be the case, as long as the host is up to date, you'll download the updated version when joining the server. If that's not happening, please let me know as that would imply there is an issue with the auto-download code, (or potentially an incorrectly built mod).