Starting a new world! What character should I use?

Alright, between these characters, which one should I use. 

Wolfgang,

Woodie,

Wickerbottom

I honestly don't know which one to use, I just unlocked them all and I have played wickerbottom before but I don't know who to choose now, so someone pick for me :)

Wolfgangs hunger usually isnt a problem for me apparently, I just booted up a world and I can keep myself in the mighty stage fairly easily. I thought it would be harder but it isn't, its harder than other characters obviously. I think he is a very unique character in the fact that his hunger is directly related to damage. It makes for interesting gameplay.

Wolfgang wrecks everything in his way, wickerbottom is good for growing trees and crops and the tech-tier advantage, woodie is good for lumberjacking and occasionally fighting in beaver form. Right?

I prefer not using Woodie. Woodie's disadvantage is really annoying me. When the full moon comes you will transform in to a beaver and after you have transformed you'll lose much sanity , health ( which for me is hard to recover ) and hunger. 

I like Woodie, but after playing Wickerbottom, I think he's kinda lame! I like listening to his conversations between him and Luccy, and his ability to chop wood quickly with his indestructible axe is awesome. I feel like he's a character that should be played at least once, but maybe just for a few hours :p also in my opinion the Werebeaver thing is more of a novelty!

I like Woodie, but after playing Wickerbottom, I think he's kinda lame!

Are you saying an old librarian is more exciting than a cursed crazy lumberjack and his sentient axe-wife?

To be honest, Wickerbottom has more controllable traits, rather than ridiclious ones. Other than that, they're on the same level.

Did you know Wolfgangs health also scales with his belly?

Does anyone actually use wolfgang? post here if you do. I am interested to see how many people play as him.

I love playing as Wolfgang! He's so strong. You don't need to be in Mighty all the time tbh, only when I need to kill spiders, bees, etc. Typically, I have 3 Honey hams and a Spike or Hambat.

Plus, that "overheal" that comes from Mighty is nice

His strength is very nice and I can easily deal with his sanity and hunger with mushrooms, taffy, ham, and occasional meaty stew if i ever run out of honey

Archived