pig .scml-file?

Somnei

Hey, I really want to look into pigs animations, but upon extracting it's anim.zip I noticed that it doesn't have an anim.build which is required by krane to convert.

Does anyone have pigs spriter project, or have any solution?

Thank you!

@DeathDisciple, @Mobbstar, how are hats aligned after models? Are they based on the size of the models "head"? Pigmen have the command "inst.AnimState:Show("hat")" inside their prefab file. I've searched for info on how this works inside the stategraph and animations, but I didn't find anything.

Where is the hat on the pig initiated, or what makes it possible?

In general overrides (like hats) are just pasted on top of their animation placeholder. Since you're trying to decompile it, and placeholders are removed from build files, you don't get to see them, so you would have to add them yourself to the animations, or use modified build files as input so krane can actually add it to animation automatically.

One trick to do it is to add the symbol for the override with the item you know is actually used as the override (in this case we know that symbol is swap_hat and we have whole slew of examples in klei ds mod assets) into your scml (initial krane output), build the anim.zip, then pull build and atlas out and use krane on them with the original anim.bin. That way it will pull the override you added and make complete animation. Just remember to use exact pivots and exact order you see in mod assets scmls or it will end up all over the place. Names don't matter, actual ids in <folder> section do. Once you're done with animating it, you will want to turn the pngs in override folder to transparent for final build so they don't show by default and make final build.

And since modtools's support for layers is a mess... if you want to export scml you will have to use code different than base pig one for that.

In general overrides (like hats) are just pasted on top of their animation placeholder. Since you're trying to decompile it, and placeholders are removed from build files, you don't get to see them, so you would have to add them yourself to the animations, or use modified build files as input so krane can actually add it to animation automatically.

One trick to do it is to add the symbol for the override with the item you know is actually used as the override (in this case we know that symbol is swap_hat and we have whole slew of examples in klei ds mod assets) into your scml (initial krane output), build the anim.zip, then pull build and atlas out and use krane on them with the original anim.bin. That way it will pull the override you added and make complete animation. Just remember to use exact pivots and exact order you see in mod assets scmls or it will end up all over the place. Names don't matter, actual ids in <folder> section do. Once you're done with animating it, you will want to turn the pngs in override folder to transparent for final build so they don't show by default and make final build.

And since modtools's support for layers is a mess... if you want to export scml you will have to use code different than base pig one for that.

Wow, this is some really useful information! Thank you so much, if I ever get the game's zip-compiler to work I might be able to try haha

Archived