Stacks, how to break them up.

So, i wish I didn't have to post a new topic here, as I'm sure this has prolly been discussed before. My question is: how do you break up stacks in your inventory?

I'm aware that there ARE a couple of work-arounds... 1. if it can go into a crock-pot, then you can place it in, drop the original stack and then take it back out... (very clunky) or 2. if playing with another person, you can "give" them items until the stack is split the way you want.

What I'm looking for is a way to split stacks of things already in your inventory that is a little more convenient. I thought there was a way, but I'm stymied as to how.

Thanks for the input.

So, i wish I didn't have to post a new topic here, as I'm sure this has prolly been discussed before. My question is: how do you break up stacks in your inventory?

Shift-click, ctrl-click both help with inventory control. I forget which splits the stack. 

Hold a stack on your mouse and ctrl-click the ground to drop just one of that stack.

Hold CTRL + left click on the stack you want to divide.

Took me 5 seconds to Google it, you could've done the same.

How do you google? ;)

Thanks for the help.... I tried googling it first, and got a wide range of "spliting stacks" for different games...

I also didn't have the patience to "google" and try to narrow the search when I can just ask the community here.:-)

How do you google? ;)

Thanks for the help.... I tried googling it first, and got a wide range of "spliting stacks" for different games...

I also didn't have the patience to "google" and try to narrow the search when I can just ask the community here. :-)

You could have used common sense and written "how to split stacks in dont starve". 

A lot easier than writing a couple paragraphs about it on the forums.

Grab the stacks from inventory to cursor, then control click on either the ground or inventory to make a single separate stack. If you press control click on an inventory without bringing it to the cursor, you will divide the stack evenly into two stacks, one in inventory one in cursor(amount 50/50).

This can be very helpful if you want only one item for bait, or certain amounts of items for bait.

Archived