It doesn't feel like don't starve together is really don't starve TOGETHER

Just something I've been thinking about.  Unless you are playing with friends it is often hard to get into the game with strangers unless you start at about the same time.  When you join a server when someone is already on the 10th day or more, they're usually just doing their own things and you two often don't end up really playing together.

So maybe add something about how long the game has been going on for so people can find newer games where they can work together to make a base.

Maybe even add a game mode where you queue up to however many players before starting the game so that strangers can more easily play together.

So maybe add something about how long the game has been going on for so people can find newer games where they can work together to make a base.

Maybe even add a game mode where you queue up to however many players before starting the game so that strangers can more easily play together.

+1 for the day counter idea

I haden't thought of the queue idea, that one's great too.

I would like something more like the queues you get in games with matchmaking. One way this could be implemented quite easily would be to have the world not start until everyone who is currently in the game has picked a character. In the current implementation of character select, this would be a bit weird (because you can't see anything about the other characters), but they are planning to redo it as more of a lobby screen, where you can see and maybe talk to people already in the game.

The next update should bring the other thing you talked about-- days that a world has been in progress on the server listing, as well as seasons and maybe some other info.

So in-game, Wilson -- and probably Willow -- are harvesting grass and stuff when a disembodied voice is heard and starts asking "What'cha doin?"

Wilson and Willow freak-out and sanity begins to drop...

"They" (The entities that control "The World") take notice of this... they are troubled about this and immediately restart that world and everything that the survivors have done so far (and including themselves) are destroyed...

The End :3

:wilsoalmostangelic:

The thing is... People need to explore and run around to collect different types of resources. Nobody has enough inventory space to collect enough so that this kind of resource would last you for quite a few days before you need to go and get it. People could go together, however there are too many tasks for everyone to split in groups, so everyone just splits up by themselves to scavenge and explore. There could be more people, but none probably has enough friends, skilled enough with DST keys to split up and make so much.

My suggestion is Set pieces aimed SPECIFICALLY for DST (Set bases). Even if there are multiple skeletons in that set piece, that wouldn't necessarily mean that the dead skeletons there are of people who died doing something together, but are from people who built the base one after each other (since due to the story line, you can't have anyone before you who would have been together with someone).

The thing is... People need to explore and run around to collect different types of resources. Nobody has enough inventory space to collect enough so that this kind of resource would last you for quite a few days before you need to go and get it. People could go together, however there are too many tasks for everyone to split in groups, so everyone just splits up by themselves to scavenge and explore. There could be more people, but none probably has enough friends, skilled enough with DST keys to split up and make so much.

My suggestion is Set pieces aimed SPECIFICALLY for DST (Set bases). Even if there are multiple skeletons in that set piece, that wouldn't necessarily mean that the dead skeletons there are of people who died doing something together, but are from people who built the base one after each other (since due to the story line, you can't have anyone before you who would have been together with someone).

If you want to make them, or describe them in more detail, setpieces aren't exactly the most difficult thing in the world to make. (in fact, I think they're a great beginner project)

If you want to make them, or describe them in more detail, setpieces aren't exactly the most difficult thing in the world to make. (in fact, I think they're a great beginner project)

I'm working on a base kind of Set Piece right now, actually :p

Archived