Mod idea, Is it possible?

I am getting a character made for me at the moment and an idea struck me.
My character has a passion for high heels. and the idea occurred. what if she could craft different high heels for different purposes. They are worn in the body slot and are basically a unique version of the already available chest pieces.

perhaps give her a trait where she loses sanity and moves slower when not wearing a pair

Of course it should be possible... technically. Practically, the only problem is that she doesn't visually wear the shoes. You could mad-hack around that problem by changing her whole animation depending on her current shoes.

fair enough. So how difficult would it be for someone like me, who has never touched code out side of simple .ini/xml tweaks to try and make?

Lua is very different than ini/xml tweaking. I'd say that what you're trying to accomplish would probably be in the intermediate area of modding. It's not difficult if you know what has to be done, but it will be time consuming.

You could just change her texture atlas based on what she has equipped.

It's not really hard at all. You would only have to redraw her feet/shoes for each atlas, and use the OnEquip callback to change the atlas each time.

For consistency, you'd probably also want to change her atlas when a certain item is detected on load.

That's also not hard.

So yeah, very doable. Good luck!

You could just change her texture atlas based on what she has equipped.

It's not really hard at all. You would only have to redraw her feet/shoes for each atlas, and use the OnEquip callback to change the atlas each time.

For consistency, you'd probably also want to change her atlas when a certain item is detected on load.

That's also not hard.

So yeah, very doable. Good luck!

Sounds good. though what is an atlas :/

Archived