Mass fires and Willow players - anyway to determine who's the culprit?

Hey all.

So, I'm getting mighty frustrated with random Willow (or more patient) players joining my server for a moment or two just to burn down the local environment. It's normally marked by a bit of lag (for the host) followed by a disconnection by the culprit. Sometimes they try their luck and continue on their rampage until physically banned. 

Is there a way to determine when a mass forest-fire has been started and which player started it? Does the Debug interface give any info on the matter? Any local mods?

Would love a solution to this infantile, inane trolling. I'm sure many others here feel the same. 

Thanks

Just use the mod Simple Protection : new players can't make fire, destroy your base or steal your chest. We will win the battle against the trolls and griefers !!!

Diabu have another mod on his server : burned plant instantly respawn. But he doesn't share his mods :wilson_cry:

My suggestion? There should be an admin tool available that logs every single interaction any player has with the environment. For example, let's say there's three players. Silent Darkness, Xyxxy22 and Matthewwson. Myself being the server host. I could open up this tool and see something akin to the following.

[09:22:43]Player [silent Darkness] picked berry_bush at 23, 86.

[09:22:44]Player [silent Darkness] put a berries into his inventory.

[09:23:00]Player [Xyxxy22] has engaged in combat with a pigman at 100,24.

[10:00:02]berry_bush lit on fire at 23,86 by [Matthewwson]'s torch.

So on, so forth.

My suggestion? There should be an admin tool available that logs every single interaction any player has with the environment. For example, let's say there's three players. Silent Darkness, Xyxxy22 and Matthewwson. Myself being the server host. I could open up this tool and see something akin to the following.

So on, so forth.

I support this.

If you're hosting a large(er) server with people coming and going at different times, Idk if you'd want to use the "simple protection" mod because I found out last night when joining some guys' server who was hosting a 10 player pvp wilderness server, that one of the innate features of that mod, in addition to the anti-burning and chest opening and such for a couple in game days, also has a mechanic that causes ALL items a player has in their inventory to be dropped upon disconnecting or leaving the server.

This could be good or bad, depending on the situation. If it's griefers going into the server, and taking stuff like gears, or mining marble and then just leaving and not returning, the items are lost forever without the "dropping on disconnect" feature.

But in the case like mine, where I play for like, couple hour long sessions on servers like that - Losing EVERYTHING on disconnect, only to join the server again the next time you log on, and have everything be gone because people had found it in the time you were offline.

The sapling/grass/berry bush regrowth mod sounds amazing. I hope someone gets a public version of it going sometime because that would fix so many things lol.

I set my server to be private.

I don't have friends, so good for you.

Just use the mod Simple Protection : new players can't make fire, destroy your base or steal your chest. We will win the battle against the trolls and griefers !!!

Diabu have another mod on his server : burned plant instantly respawn. But he doesn't share his mods  :wilson_cry:

Well, a shame about Diabu not sharing in a game that's fundamentally about working together. 

However, this Simple Protection mod sounds very much up my alley. Thank you very much for the advice - I shall be procuring this mod and anti-socially forcing users from Australia who want to play in the wee-hours of the morning to download this mod. :D

So on, so forth.

This would be good. Then I don't have heavily breathe down the necks of new players for the first few days. 

Then again, some players complain when others make a Ham Bat. |:

Archived