[Help] Sample Custom Item

Hey guys,

I'm just diving into all the modding stuff after playing DST for couple days. Learning curve seems pretty steep and there aren't that many resources, so I thought if anyone have a sample custom item for DST where I could start digging into actual code? I downloaded one from Downloads section but I believe it was for DS and crashed on my DST, and I wasn't sure if porting DS mod to DST was the best place to start learning.

If I have missed DST one from downloads could you please provide the link, as when I even search downloads for "DST" I get no results (even though I know there are downloads with DST in their title).

Thanks a lot!

@HoitDryicefox's Coraline mod has a few working items you could check. Wall gates is on the front page right now and also adds custom items. Other character mods probably do, too. DST RoG Characters adds Wigfrid's items, but some of their assets are already in the game, so that may not be the best example.

Porting from DS to DST was actually where I started learning, though (technically I wrote a very small DS mod before that, but it was mostly just copying flowerspawner's code). Just make sure before you start publishing ports that you check in with the author to see if they're okay with it.