What happens if I own Don't Starve on Steam and I buy the Frontier Pack?

I was wondering if I owned Don't Starve on Steam already and I buy the Frontier Pack if I would get a copy of the original game as well as the copy (Don't Starve Together) for a friend on Steam. Also, here: http://dontstarvetogether.com/ it says that if I already own Don't Starve I will get a copy of Don't Starve Together after Early Access. Will I get two copies I can give to a friend if I buy the Frontier Pack (1 from Frontier Pack, 1 after Early Access)?

If you already have Don't Starve, you don't get it from the Frontier pack. 

You will get Don't Starve Together for free after Early Access IF, and only IF, you do not already own it. That means, no Frontier Pack, and no free beta key. So your options are:

1. Get it now, for $5, and get 1 free key to gift.

2. Wait and get it later for free. 

But on steam it says if I buy a pack with pre-owned games the game I already own gets sent to my inventory, and I can trade it to someone (Trade for free as a 'Gift')

But on steam it says if I buy a pack with pre-owned games the game I already own gets sent to my inventory, and I can trade it to someone (Trade for free as a 'Gift')

If you already own Don't Starve, you will only receive 2 DST keys. One DST key is added automatically to your own library, the other key is added as an item in your inventory to give away. You will not receive an additional copy of Don't Starve.

The copy of Don't Starve from the Frontier Pack would have been added to your own library automatically - not to your inventory. And Steam doesn't let you buy the same game for yourself twice.

I don't know why that appeared 3 times.

And to the post above me: I know you can't buy games you already have, but as I said it says if I buy a pack including a game I already owned that game gets sent to my inventory (Unless it has changed).

I don't know why that appeared 3 times.

And to the post above me: I know you can't buy games you already have, but as I said it says if I buy a pack including a game I already owned that game gets sent to my inventory (Unless it has changed).

I know, it's poor wording on Steam's part.

The pack is supposed to include 1 copy of the game for yourself, 1 copy of DST for yourself, and 1 copy of DST for give away. But since Steam doesn't let you buy 2 copies of a game for yourself, the pack just won't include it at all. There's messaging that sorta-vaguely states it once you add the pack to your cart.

I know, it's poor wording on Steam's part.

The pack is supposed to include 1 copy of the game for yourself, 1 copy of DST for yourself, and 1 copy of DST for give away. But since Steam doesn't let you buy 2 copies of a game for yourself, the pack just won't include it at all. There's messaging that sorta-vaguely states it once you add the pack to your cart.

So basically, (Even though its on sale for $5.50 CDN) some of the money I would pay goes towards nothing?

So basically, (Even though its on sale for $5.50 CDN) some of the money I would pay goes towards nothing?

It's only "on sale" so to speak BECAUSE you already have Don't Starve and don't need it. You're literally not paying the portion of the price that goes towards the value of Don't Starve

Don't Starve: $15 (when not on sale otherwise)

Don't Starve Together Beta Keys x 2: $5

Don't Starve + 2 Beta Keys = $20 (Frontier pack price if you do not own Don't Starve)

2 Beta Keys = $5 (Frontier pack price if you DO own Don't Starve and thus don't need it)

Archived