Few mods I would love to see for future dedicated servers

-Party/Team/Group Mod

Especially for pvp servers this would be really nice. No damage to players on your party/team/group, share gates with only party members , etc...

-Announcement Mod

Something using the c_announce(msg, interval) con command. Would use this for messages such as "Thanks for Playing on Frustrated Gamers Together, join our forum at frustratedgamers.com"

-Some sort of Admin mod in general would be nice, something similar to ULX which is used in Garry's Mod would be nice

-SQL Connector

-Points/shop System

-Leveling system

Edited by iamjudd

Oh good, another game you want to be infested with scams. *Looks over shoulder at TF2 and most minecraft servers*

How do either of those lead to scams?  Also since when does minecraft have scams?  I feel you and I have had VERY different experiences with both of those games and mechanics...

I'll see if I can make a couple of these.  Any that you want more than others?

I would say initially the announcement thing and admin mod would be the most important at the moment to me.

Oh good, another game you want to be infested with scams. *Looks over shoulder at TF2 and most minecraft servers*

lol clearly you must have had some odd experiences with this stuff, point systems and leveling systems add some nice new elements to games.

WX-78 has kind of a leveling system built in. I think it works pretty well. If you want to create a leveling system I'd suggest looking into his files. I'm using something similar for my Seras Victoria mod. Or will anyway. I'm still working on the last few details and balancing.

Personally I prefer to give characters different strengths (and weaknesses!). A scientist character like Wilson I'd rather give unique recipes and gadgets than power up. It fits them better to turn into inspector gadget/Batman, with something for everything then it does to make them bruisers. IMO. :)

I'd be very careful if you are thinking about boosting attributes like movement or attack power though. It can easily "break" many enemies or challenges in the game.

A shop system would be really neat, especially if we can get support for more than 6 players and some really huge maps.