[General] - Disconnected due to missing mods that aren't actually missing

Electrofruit

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: Disconnected due to missing mods that aren't actually missing

Issue Description: Upon trying to join a server that I was playing on perfectly fine a few hours before I got a message saying I was disconnected due to missing mods, but I'm absolutely certain I have the mods in question downloaded and applied. I checked through the lobby and since I last joined successfully no new mods were installed on the server.

Steps to Reproduce: I just tried to join the server normally, both by searching for it through the lobby and by right clicking the host in my Steam friends list.

@Electrofruit, How did you get the mods? Through the workshop? If so, if you both open up your mods menu that should force it to redownload everything, although really only the one who's hosting should have to do that-- it will automatically download the newer versions for you when you join. If you downloaded them from the forums, then things are a bit more tricky.

It's definitely possible to get stuck in a state where nobody can join your server due to missing mods, though.

HAving a similiar issue, but it's my friends client that won't join my server. Any chance does it have to d with windows 8 or steamcloud?

HAving a similiar issue, but it's my friends client that won't join my server. Any chance does it have to do with windows 8 or steamcloud?

HAving a similiar issue, but it's my friends client that won't join my server. Any chance does it have to do with windows 8 or steamcloud?

Maybe try disabling all your mods then joining the server mate. I had the same/similar issues, where I subbed to all the mods the host had and tried to join him with the mods all enabled and it told me I or the host had an older version of a mod or something semi-nonsensical. Does it make any difference if you autosubscribemods in your settings.ini as well as have no mods running yourself when you join btw? If the host has only installed mods via Steam Workshop, that should totally work I think

HAving a similiar issue, but it's my friends client that won't join my server. Any chance does it have to d with windows 8 or steamcloud?

What error is your similar issue? Also if you didn't type that 10 times, perhaps your internet is the issue lol

What error is your similar issue? Also if you didn't type that 10 times, perhaps your internet is the issue lol

Cat was pawing my enter key, while my pointer was on submit. I came back in the room and pretty much couldn't figure out if I was embarrassed or amazed that all of that had lined up to produce a post like that. "How am I going to explain this?" was just now going through my mind. 

The similarity is, my son and his friend have the mods in their folder, but it disconnects him with a message saying he doesn't have the mods, even though they are in his mods folder. Tried restarting the server, same problem. Although my wife and other  kids have the same mods, and seem to get on just fine. 

I'm assuming it's a setting somewhere. but since one is a stepkid and at his other dad's, and the other is at college, I can't really check their computers. So I'm hoping someone might know what is going on.

If it's a windows 8 issue, at least that would narrow it down. Or some issue with Steam in some way. 

I know Microsoft likes to change security settings without telling their users every now and again, so I didn't want to rule that out. And I know sometimes Steam Cloud can do some quirky things to acct settings. 

Havent hosted a server in a long time, only recently started doing so and now anyone who tries to connect to my server gets this warning.

How come it used to work fine before, yet now there are issues? I'm only using Picky and Auto Retrap both downloaded from the Steam Workshop.

Edit:- Was subscribed to an old version of the mod, doh :)

Archived