Music Mute Switch

I know you can adjust the music, fx, and ambient sound in the options menu, but sometimes it can be a pain if you are not actually on Dn't Starve (i.e. taking a break, talking on facebook, youtube etc.). I would find it a lot easier, especially when you just have the menu open, to just click a mute button instead of goin through options/settings everytime and lowering all of them to zero. I know its very nit-picky, and highly unnecessary, but it's coming from a guy that has Don't Starve open in the background 95% of the time. :p

Or you could do what I do and hit the power switch on your speakers. Or just close the program entirely. It's not that difficult to reinitialize it. I leave Don't Starve on in my background constantly. I either just don't pay attention to the music, or if I want it to shut up, I close the program.

I know its very nit-picky, and highly unnecessary

Not at all, I think this is something pretty standard on every game's option menu.

Thing is, it's extremely low priority, and although I bet they will include this option before launching the final game, they'll probably do it waaaay down the road.

In the meantime, if you have Windows 7 your computer already has a program-specific mute button. Click on the speaker in your task bar and then click "mixer". You should see a volume control for various programs running on your computer. Mute Don't Starve.