[far future idea]wooden bridges

For those of you who haven't seen the new preview video, the way the world is being generated has changed. Now, it would appear that instead of producing circle biomes that have a chance to be embedded into one another, they will be separated by natural pathways, and you will have to explore in order to find the path to the biomes you see across rivers, etc.

My idea?

================================----

Wooden Bridges(non stackable)

To produce the wooden bridge, you will need:

[4x]ROPE

[6x]WOODEN BOARD

The use;

To allow players to create "quick bridges" across biomes to access the new biomes without having to explore and find the pathway to get there otherwise.

Why i think it's practical; It's hard to produce, but can come in handy. Producing wooden boards can be a fairly difficult task when trees aren't in huge supply in your current location. 6 boards and 4 rope seems pretty tedious, so it won't be something that people should be able to abuse to the extent that they are no longer exploring (the entire purpose for the new world generator, i assume, is to make players explore).

=================-----

To allow players to create "quick bridges" across biomes to access the new biomes without having to explore and find the pathway to get there otherwise.

You mean this bridge has an infinite range to the next ''island'' because you don't want to explore the outlines of the island you are currently on or a bridge over an island from one side to another? In this case these bridgepart is far to cheap. If you are willing to do so you get plenty of wood in short time. I would see it usefull to cross this river-like fissures which occur sometimes.

Will say I have nothing against wooden bridges per se, but not this way.

For those of you who haven't seen the new preview video, the way the world is being generated has changed. Now, it would appear that instead of producing circle biomes that have a chance to be embedded into one another, they will be separated by natural pathways, and you will have to explore in order to find the path to the biomes you see across rivers, etc.

I believe you are referring to the fact that from what the map showed some biomes will be seperated by "chasms", but not every biome is seperated from each other. In some cases, just like how islands are today, 2-3 biomes can exist within the same area.

Wooden Bridges(non stackable)

The use;

Ah yes, bridges have been suggested before, back when people wanted to build new connections to the various islands in ways that could be more convenient that the stone bridges. :)

I would first suggest that by non-stackable you instead have it that in order to craft the bridge it has to be placed, like a bee box or pig house. That way it cannot be placed into your inventory. Obviously the bridge will only be placeable in one direction and its initial placement decided by your current direction (i.e. top of screen, for example, controlled by rotating the camera view).

The only issue I see here is entirely technical, whether the Devs can allow anything to exist on the "sea", which is black space where nothing is meant to exist.

The only issue I see here is entirely technical, whether the Devs can allow anything to exist on the "sea", which is black space where nothing is meant to exist.

We already know things can exist on the sea because of that bug where items can drop into the sea and are irretrievable, and just sit there the entire game.

We already know things can exist on the sea because of that bug where items can drop into the sea and are irretrievable, and just sit there the entire game.

I know. The hounds on my map just keep trying to get a meat morsel drifting out there... but the space above the seas is, how shall I put it, "inaccessible"?