I like the fact that the Pigmen are personalized by having their own names,

so I thought why not make it a step further and give them families.

Pig houses in the wild come with a Pigman with pants and a Pigwoman with a skirt and a red ribbon on her tail.

During the day the Pigman will be wandering about looking for food and the the Pigwoman will be inside the home.

When dusk comes the Pigwoman will emerge out of the house and call out to her Pigman that its home time.

If the Pigman has died and does not come home, the pigwoman will be sad and will from that day on

mope around her house. She will lose her skirt due to neglect.

But if both the husband and wife survives, after a few days a Pigbaby will be born.

This time during the day the Pigwife will be out of the house caring for the baby.

She will act like a Tall bird around their nested egg and if the baby is killed by a creature,

she will pursue them to the ends of the earth till one of them dies.

If the PigWife dies the husband will also be sad and mope around the house and lose his pants due to neglect.

Some time later the Pigbaby will grow to an adult either a Pigman or a Pigwoman neither having pants or skirts.

The Pig family will not spawn another baby until their child has found its own home.

The new adults will wait around and they will create their own clothing over a period

of time but a player can give them the items to speed the process.

A Pigman must have pants and a Pigwoman must have a skirt

before they are eligible to be a family and only one of them must have a home.

When the Pigman has pants he will then go straight to the nearest skirted Pig widow and start a family.

Otherwise he will go to the nearest unoccupied house claim it then go straight to the nearest single skirted Pigwoman, bring her back to his house and the cycle begins again.

I think this seems more natural than a pig spawning out of a house. There is more meat available but there is also the guilt of breaking a family apart to get some sweet bacon. And their will be more loot types from these three creatures and cosmetic options with clothes. Also it gives the game life as you can come across a Pig couple on their way to a new home to start a family, do you slaughter them for the loot or let them on their way?

Although i do think that animals in DS should reproduce (beefalo, etc), i don't know that pigs need to reproduce. Pigs already respawn and can be farmed to oblivion for their meat and skins. There is no real benefit of spending development time on an aesthetic woman/baby pig that i can think of.