Best way to get emote icons?

I'm working on a gesture wheel mod, and that requires some visual way of showing the emotes to be selected.

I could do text, but that would look pretty bad, so I was thinking showing little pictures of the emotes. One problem is that if I do this, I have to make them all show a character (so I'll show Wilson, I guess), but extracting pictures of emotes is it's own task.

Does anyone have recommendations on how I can get the emotes more easily than taking screenshots, editing them, and making my own tex?

I think displaying text is quite OK in this case. I saw this in other games and it looks convenient. IMO images would distract player from the game. Also it can be hard to guess which emotion is where based on static pictures. Animated pictures are not an option here, so may be text is better. Pictures of another character also would be very confusing.

Anyway, I'm really missing gesture wheel in DST and I'm glad you're doing this. 

I actually figured out the incredible sorceries of UIAnims and have it pulling the anim data directly for each character, which is awesome! So much better than I was even hoping for.

@Riateche, I think I'm going to have options for text only, picture only, or picture and text, though.

you've seen Steam Dont Starve's smiles? maybe something like that will work the best?

as for the way to make it - screen the emote, delete background in photo editor, resize. imo it's the best solution if you want "icons"

Archived