Ghost's Light

While playing on a DST world with my friends and I, I noticed that once i died and became a ghost, I emitted a light that is able to protect my friends from the enemies that come out at night when you have no fire. I was wondering if this was implemented on purpose, or did I just stumble upon something new. 

I think that the glowing effect of the ghost adds a lot to the game, but was it intended to be this way?

Let me know what you think below!

~MrChar  :wilson_vforvictory:

It's quite logical for ghosts to emit light. It seems that ghosts are intended to be "immortal", unfailing. Ghosts cannot hold torches and don't have another reliable way to create light sources. So, if ghosts were alone in the dark without light, there would be nothing for them to do but wait until morning hits (providing they have immunity to Charlie attacks). And that would be pretty boring.

On the other side, any kind of light (even fireflies) can protect players from Charlie, so it's expected that ghost light works in the same way.

Archived